**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

I get an odd stuttering, mainly when theres fire barrels around, like at the little subway just up the road from the start, under there that firey barrel makes it stutter for some odd reason, just seems to speed up slow down, speed up, slow down etc... until im passed the barrel. :confused:

Went and got the flash drive off that Nimble, was great we cleaned house, got shotties and that now, musics great really atmospheric, spooky. :D

Last edited:
SkeeterPSA said:
Get a external program that forces a refresh rate per resolution setting. Perhaps?
Have tried forcing refresh rates and vsync with Nvidia control panel, Rivatuner etc. and it's not good. Seems to just work when it wants to. :(

SkeeterPSA said:
Oh i know about aa not working and all that crap mate. Just was woundering what u meant by you got aa to work thats all and looks like it didnt. Compared to what us all were expecting when you said aa was working for you.
Aye I didn't mean proper AA, the X-Ray engine is purely incompatible with proper AA.

anyone else have trouble shooting the dogs?
i just cant shoot them things once they get my scent and start nipping at my ankles.

how do i kill them, before they kill me?

benskia said:
anyone else have trouble shooting the dogs?
i just cant shoot them things once they get my scent and start nipping at my ankles.

how do i kill them, before they kill me?

The dogs always seem to run away from me now, i just try and shoot em with my pistol, you end up with ridiculous amounts of ammo after a while

I have a new fav place in stalker :) Wild lands. I just did some exploring into the first part just to see what it was like, got myself a scope for my AK now :) and a new gun (no ammo :( )

Will check out Warehouses tomorrow, then venture deeper into wild lands :)

Fun stuff.

I've been sitting here all day doing sod all.

I just get back from a night out to find a package of value £17.99 left on the doorstep. The postie must have left it there and I never saw it when I went out the door. DOH!

Oh, and the tin edition is really really nice. I respect companies who put effort into presentation :)

I will check it out tomorrow morning, off to play some more TDU :D

Last edited:
Nieldo said:
I have a new fav place in stalker :) Wild lands. I just did some exploring into the first part just to see what it was like, got myself a scope for my AK now :) and a new gun (no ammo :( )

Will check out Warehouses tomorrow, then venture deeper into wild lands :)

Fun stuff.

Don't you find it hard to explore? Especially in the early stages, you have lack of ammo and 1000000 beast/bandits roaming the land, not to mention the annoying anomilies all over the place?

I get a little way, but get so damaged by enemies I end up reloading all the time :)

keogh said:
Don't you find it hard to explore? Especially in the early stages, you have lack of ammo and 1000000 beast/bandits roaming the land, not to mention the annoying anomilies all over the place?

I get a little way, but get so damaged by enemies I end up reloading all the time :)

I got ammo and weapons immediately on coming out of the first camp site = there's some mercs/bandit on the right, down the road. I shot a couple of shots with my hand gun at 1 of them and they, and their re-enforcement came chasing me.

All I did was run to the camp site, killed a 1, got his weapon and the rest eventually dies and I pick up whatever :)

Now I'm abit into the game, finding it hard - WAY too many bandits and mercs around and after picking up the "Fast shooting" AK, I'm always finding myself low on ammo... I want a sniper rifle!

I have a few shorguns with 1000 rounds i bought. Far better if you use sprint option and run to each bad guy and blow his head off than using a ak which most of the time doesnt do crap unless ** close.

Spirit7 said:
I had to turn lighting from HDR to static to get it to stop crashing and run at a playable frame rate *sulks*

Good game so far, though for something that's been in development so long it is laughably unpolished.

-C
Exactly the same here. However, I think it still looks great with lighting on static :) I'm not too far in, though. :)

Dr Jones said:
I got ammo and weapons immediately on coming out of the first camp site = there's some mercs/bandit on the right, down the road. I shot a couple of shots with my hand gun at 1 of them and they, and their re-enforcement came chasing me.

All I did was run to the camp site, killed a 1, got his weapon and the rest eventually dies and I pick up whatever :)

Now I'm abit into the game, finding it hard - WAY too many bandits and mercs around and after picking up the "Fast shooting" AK, I'm always finding myself low on ammo... I want a sniper rifle!

just keep on looking a i found a scope I could attack to "fast shooting AK"

Dr Jones said:

Single shot on the AK, and sprint if there are a lot of them.

anyone finding the weapons system weird?

I seem to be carrying half a ton of weps, not much ammo, and can't put anything wep onto slot 2 or 4???

too heavyily loaded to move, so I drop most and then have no ammo....can't seem to work it out lol

Back
Top Bottom