**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

I am starting to like this game the more I play it. My only issue is that I have loads of great stuff that I want to flog, but I cannot find any traders, or have I missed them all out on the way?

I have just entered the Agroprom Underground after speaking with Mole :confused:

got to say, the games awsome, playing it on my 30" dell at 2560 x 1600 full details full dynamic lighting, and its smooth as i could have imagined.

Playing it pretty much non stop for the the whole of the weekend on 'Master' diffciculty and im loving every minute of it. There are a few irritations, this mole guy is ******* me off as far as im concerned iv saved him 3 times now and still he keeps walking into the fire fights.

At the end of the tunnel is a great little surprise.

when i climb out the hatch after killing that monster that makes the screen go back and forth Mole just runs into the enemy base and gets his head blown off even if i catch up to him.

am i missing something here opr was i suppose to find something in the tunnels or what?

Got the game yesterday and having great fun.
Locations are very “recognisable” and bring a lot of memories for me as a Russian.
Must say I’m really surprised to hear Russian speech in the English version of the game and not having any sort of translation. Though it’s great for me, I feel for you guys, as I imagine most of you have no idea what the NPC’s are saying. I was translating for my friend yesterday the jokes and stories the stalkers where telling to each other, or what they scream at you while attacking. This adds a lot to the atmosphere and I feel like developers denied a lot of this to the English speaking gamers. What a shame and how stupid…
:confused:

Last edited:
getcarter said:
when i climb out the hatch after killing that monster that makes the screen go back and forth Mole just runs into the enemy base and gets his head blown off even if i catch up to him.

am i missing something here opr was i suppose to find something in the tunnels or what?

I managed to complete it, i went and spoke to him, and ths time for some reason i was allowed to speak to him propelry and ask him questions this time he gave me info and the mission completeted

I have an item which you equip on your belt and one of its features is the supposed reduction of bleeding but it makes me bleed more instead! Is that meant to happen? When I remove it bleeding stops :confused:

Apart from the niggly bugs, its a really fun game! I'm loving the atmosphere. Well worth the wait imo.

Reefa said:
I have an item which you equip on your belt and one of its features is the supposed reduction of bleeding but it makes me bleed more instead! Is that meant to happen? When I remove it bleeding stops :confused:

Apart from the niggly bugs, its a really fun game! I'm loving the atmosphere. Well worth the wait imo.

It's a bug.

Hmm I downloaded a no dvd crack and now I no longer seem to crash when saving opening the menu, the only time i've crashed since, is when i was going to the trader (after a long freaking run) >_< sods law

Ive been playing it and have come to the conclusion that using the aim down the sights, with the pistol is rather pointless as i cant hit squat, so i just use the normal crosshair fire tons of bullets then switch to the good old shotgun and finish them off.

Last Kronin said:
Ive been playing it and have come to the conclusion that using the aim down the sights, with the pistol is rather pointless as i cant hit squat, so i just use the normal crosshair fire tons of bullets then switch to the good old shotgun and finish them off.

I always aim down the sight, especially with the pistol and it works a treat for me. Aim for thier bonce and they are goners!

I'm having a wierd problem with Stalker. I've managed to get it running reasonably smoothly considering my rig (3200+, 6800GT, 1GB RAM) by tweaking and OCing in a balls to stability kinda way, but whats annoying me is when I look around in game I hear a faint crackling sound. It doesn't happen when stationary and I don't move the mouse but as soon as I look somewhere I get the crackling. I've tried turning off EAX and turning sound hardware acceleration right down but its still there. I am using headphones so I tried it with my monitors speakers but they're so damn quiet you can't tell if its doing it - they're rubbish for gaming.

If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has any idea how to fix it I'd be very greatful as its driving me mad!

Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to say, my sound card is a Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III.

Last edited:
Wow! what can i say, this game starts off really slow (thought about selling it), but after a few hours and you start getting better weapons, it really starts to shine, loving it, and in my opinion the graphics look quality (start off a bit poo but get a lot better).

Can't believe it, got a machine gun then i died. :(

Been getting into it more now, im really enjoying it, had a few weird bugs, like the odd bore walking about 100ft up in the air :D , and on getting that dead stalkers PDA from him just below the train tracks again, his stash message not being there, or showing up on the map where he left it, but his stash is there. :)

Loving the graphics also, some of the textures are amazing, and i love it when it starts hammering down, thunder/lightning the lot, and if your next to bulidings etc... the shadows of them bounce around, and the spooky music. :D

Last edited:
indeed, 130 saves so far in two days of playing.

Superb Game, anyone know where i can find the pseudodog tail/fur whatever it is we need.

Iv searched loads of animal corpses and found hoofs eyes but no ppseudodog tail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

i got a problem, got to the keycode door during brain scorcher, found the PDA with the code in but will it unlock for me, noooo :confused:

edit: it was the wrong door :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom