**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Last Kronin said:
Ive gotten to barkeep, i must have wakled thru a restricted zone as all the ppl started to attack, i died and i hadnt saved for awhile so i have to redo a fair chunk of it again, im not used to quicksaving :(

There's no bleeming quick save button is there? I always have to click on save and all.

Also, I "wondered" into that area too, but saved. I then climbed up the ladder by the side and sneak in... and then died as I landed into a room full of Stalkers.

dark_shadow said:
So what's the general consensus, any good?
Better than Half Life2.
Atmosphere is as good as Ravelnholm throughout the whole game, And much better at night, when it is pitch black, raining and strikes of thunder and lightning, gunfire all around you, tracers everywhere with dogs howling!
Love it :D

Did you fight your way into the bar area, you shouldn't have to.

F6 for quick save

PinkFloyd said:
i'm really not sure where I am meant to be headed at the moment, last few hours I've just spent wondering around.

I'm meant to be getting the documents from X18, but have no idea where this is. I've browsed about and found nothing of use, also seen mention of X16, not sure what that is either of if I have been there already!

Any ideas anyone?
it should be marked on the PDA/Map. West of Garbage, a place called Agroprom, it's in the south west of that sector.. x16 will become clearer after X18 is done.

edit:
Lolcb, see page 24 of this tread about 5-6 posts from the bottom. it's a good suit but not 100% so you'll still have to take care.

Last edited:
PinkFloyd said:
Did you fight your way into the bar area, you shouldn't have to.

F6 for quick save

Thanks.
I didn't fight my way to the Bar, but around that area, there's a little blockade with 3 guards stopping you from entering - "Restricted" apparently. so I ran in, I was shot on sight. I sneaked in and was again, shot on sight. Something is tempting me in there... :D

Hector said:
it should be marked on the PDA/Map. West of Garbage, a place called Agroprom, it's in the south west of that sector.. x16 will become clearer after X18 is done.

edit:
Lolcb, see page 24 of this tread about 5-6 posts from the bottom. it's a good suit but not 100% so you'll still have to take care.

I dont see it

Got the game on static lighting at the mo with everything else full. It runs pretty smooth but i wish it looked better. Gameplay is good and some missions are ok. I really dont like moving to a new section or zone then waiting for it to load :(

Theres no recent fps games out at the moment that you could really compare it too but will keep me busy til dx10 games :D

Lolcb said:
Ok, how in the blue hell do I get radiation suit or whatever that prevents me from getting exposed to radiation?
If you leave the bar area via the north exit to go to the next part of the map there is a stash on the right between two buildings (after going through the gateway past the guards)
Here you will find a rad suit.

Dr Jones, think you have to be friends with Duty to get there, not freinds with them yet myself, just neutral.

Cheers Hector, will take a look later

@arrond, with an X1900XT you should be able to run with real time object lighting atleast, maybe even the full one. Depends on what res you are running on.
My 8800GTS just about copes with real time lighting in 1920x1200 with most of the settings quite high up.

PinkFloyd said:
If you leave the bar area via the north exit to go to the next part of the map there is a stash on the right between two buildings (after going through the gateway past the guards)
Here you will find a rad suit.

Dr Jones, think you have to be friends with Duty to get there, not freinds with them yet myself, just neutral.

Cheers Hector, will take a look later

@Arrond, with an X1900XT you should be able to run with real time object lighting atleast, maybe even the full one. Depends on what res you are running on.
My 8800GTS just about copes with real time lighting in 1920x1200 with most of the settings quite high up.

no idea where that is but i will look for guards between 2 buildings lol

I'm running it on Vista X86, it crashed when saving but I think I fixed it by putting in

-heapsize 300000 (tip from another forum)

at the end of my shortcut. Haven't had a crash since but not played it too much so it might not work..

EDIT: This worked perfectly, seems the new patch solves everything anyway.

Last edited:
ah yes, forgot about those, i didn't find them 'till long after i brought mine.. although i'm not sure they will be there untill you search a body that marks it on the map as a stash.

PinkFloyd said:
Will get a pic from the map ingame......

bbs ;)

Guess this a spoiler, so for all of you who don't want to find the scientist suit (which has awesome night bision btw) don't click the below link.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/The_Head/medsuitstalker.jpg
aye but it has sweet F all projectile or physical attack protection, you get a MUCH better version not too far on from there, but wont say where or how, although this info is easily found out, as its all over other forums and can probably be found out on this thread.

i really love this game i am waiting for a patch till i play again i cant complete some quests so have stopped as dont want to spoil the story for me i wanna complete all quests! so bring the patch! :p

These like artifacts you can wear in yer belt, can you not use them all the time, as ive picked up this kinda brown one and it says :-

'when it touches the body, it disseminates the directed of the radiation, protecting from scrathes and wounds caused by weapons'

so i thought id use that for when im getting shot at, but everytime i put it in me belt, i get the green radiation sign, and my radiation level starts to go up slowly, and my health decreases slowly, is that right, and does it mean i cant use them all the time, say if im in a fight getting shot at, then equip it for better protection, and then when over un-equip it, as its got some stats like radiation +5, and rapture -10 or summit.

Thanks. :)

PinkFloyd said:
@Arrond, with an X1900XT you should be able to run with real time object lighting atleast, maybe even the full one. Depends on what res you are running on.

I will give it a go now to see what its like. Cheers.

LoadsaMoney said:
These like artifacts you can wear in yer belt, can you not use them all the time, as ive picked up this kinda brown one and it says :-

'when it touches the body, it disseminates the directed of the radiation, protecting from scrathes and wounds caused by weapons'

so i thought id use that for when im getting shot at, but everytime i put it in me belt, i get the green radiation sign, and my radiation level starts to go up slowly, and my health decreases slowly, is that right, and does it mean i cant use them all the time, say if im in a fight getting shot at, then equip it for better protection, and then when over un-equip it, as its got some stats like radiation +5, and rapture -10 or summit.

Thanks. :)
you need a radiation suit and then you can have it on all the time with-out harming yourself.

Back
Top Bottom