**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Dutch Guy said:
You are kinda right, but by the time a GTX will have an advantage over a GTS at 1280x1024 there will be a newer videocard released anyway that is even faster.

My point is that get a GTX and you can play games for the next year or 2 at high details without changing the graphics card. Get a big screen and you will need to change GFX more often in order to play latest games at high resolution.

If 19" is big enough for him then that's fine.

If cash is no object then a bigger screen is a must. A :) just to reduce the hostility

Last edited:
steve258 said:
My point is that get a GTX and you can play games for the next year or 2 at high details without changing the graphics card. Get a big screen and you will need to change GFX more often in order to play latest games at high resolution.

If 19" is big enough for him then that's fine.

If cash is no object then a bigger screen is a must. A :) just to reduce the hostility
Obviously if you have a C2D system with a GTX and X-Fi etc. you are not keeping the videocard for two years and upgrade each and every time a new card is released making the point irrelevant that it will last 2 years.

But what would anyone else care what card someone buys, I sure don't, if someone wants a GTX and they can afford one by all means get it, I am a bit more sensible and got a GTS with my 19" TFT

Pablo72 said:
Blimey, this thread is getting a bit heated and hostile!

I'm off to discuss the Care Bears game on the CBeebies forum!
I mean it in the nicest way possible, of course. :p

I need to use more smileys in my posts in future. ;)

Ulfhedjinn said:
I mean it in the nicest way possible, of course. :p

I need to use more smileys in my posts in future. ;)

Smileys are the work of the Devil... him and 12 year old kids with too much free time on their hands!

Back to the Care Bears!!!

Pablo72 said:
Back to the Care Bears!!!

Tenderheart_bear_large.gif

He was always my favourite.

Yes, STALKER is buggy and lack of AA is annoying but it is one of those games that makes me want to take the afternoon off from work to go play itand I am still near the beginning :)

Can anyone else comment on the fact that the game is possibly a bit better running (or at least feels smoother) after applying the patch?

Dutch Guy said:
Yes, STALKER is buggy and lack of AA is annoying but it is one of those games that makes me want to take the afternoon off from work to go play itand I am still near the beginning :)

Can anyone else comment on the fact that the game is possibly a bit better running (or at least feels smoother) after applying the patch?

Patch seems to be a bit of a mixed bag, some people are reporting increases in performance, with others are reporting decreases. I've not tried the patch myself since I'm a few hours in and don't want to restart.

Absolutly loving the game now, despite being feeling miffed at it in the beginning, found it really hard in places, even on Stalker diffiuclty, but once I got some better armour and weaponary, the difficulty has evened out nicely.

Gotten quite tense at times, a bloodsucker (or what ever their called, those tentacle face guys) run stright infront of me unstealthed, into a warehouse, that was full of long grass and oozing radiation. as much as I wanted to kill the damn thing so he wouldnt jump my ass later, I didn't fancy walking into a death trap.
I carried on to my destination, but I could hear this bloodsucker all the time, eventually I came across a multi-story car pack with bandits on 3 different levels. I thought I'd sneak in and taken them out with a silenced weapon. But as you can guess, as I'm sneaking through open ground, guess who decides to run up behind me.
My world went to absolute hell as I was trying to shoot this invisible killing machine while dodging a hail of bullets.
Good fun though :D

Finding the new patch plays better for me, but it's a buggy game indeed.

So far I have 2 missions that have failed
1) tail of Psuedodog - I have 2 of them and the trader wont talk about the job with me??
2) a stash that is a vault buried in the car park that I just cannot find, even when I am exactly at the map marker. * weird

Aside from that I think it will get better as I go on. Did think the Zone was going to be a little more empty of life for some reason though... so many bandits.

I'm still lost on the whole X16 and X18 stuff :/
I think I know where X18 is, but there's loads of psi emissions around there, I ran through all of it and found a well defended bunker, but the internal door was locked. Couldn't see anything else in that area.
Really want a way to stay immune to psi emissions. :cool:

@Oxygen Stashes tend to be obvious objects/models/scenery, sure it's not above or below you? Up a level, below the ground etc.

I have found all the stashes so far :)
It seems to be a bug - You complete the mission to Kill the Bandits and are rewarded but the map marker remains. V Strange
Any help on the Psuedo dog mission appreciated though, because all I am finding now are Blind Dogs tails!

Oxygen said:
Any help on the Psuedo dog mission appreciated though, because all I am finding now are Blind Dogs tails!
I'm the other way around!

The Pseudo dogs are the evil black ones with huge teeth I think.
Best place to get the dogs seems to be on the south side of the Bar, always leg it through that place :p

Back
Top Bottom