**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Just got some wise advise off another forum

There are times when you can use cover and slowly advance on your enemies with an assault rifle.

There are times when you can hang back and pick them all off with a sniper rifle.

But sometimes...

You just have to say **** it and pull out the grenade launcher.

:D

Oxygen said:
Any help on the Psuedo dog mission appreciated though, because all I am finding now are Blind Dogs tails!
i got mine in the freedom faction HQ area.. they are the dogs with glowing eyes.

PinkFloyd.. lab x18 i've marked white:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dabar/ocuk/x18.jpg
you're in Yantar by the sound of it, check your PDA and make sure the quest for x18 is listed and double-click on the target icon next to it's first stage.

edit: btw i'm using an x1900xtx and my perfomance is better for me.. perhaps some folk are having the driver error i had with the 7.2's, i think it was.. goto the ati cat center and change any setting, click apply, change that setting back, click apply and try the game then..

Last edited:
Hector said:
PinkFloyd.. lab x18 i've marked white:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dabar/ocuk/x18.jpg
you're in Yantar by the sound of it, check your PDA and make sure the quest for x18 is listed and double-click on the target icon next to it's first stage.
Cheers mate, will go take a harder look around there.
Have been there but not seen anything, unless I picked something up and just forgot about it....
Completely thrown by the PDA telling me to "retrieve the documents from X18" yet it points right up north :/

m@rty said:
for people who have are using the patch - do the dealers and stalkers offer more stuff to buy/trade?

Yes they do, you can buy sniper rifle in the bar, better bullets in village etc. However armour is now a consumable and costs small fortune, so all in all - you will do a lot of mileage to battlefield and back to pick up all those guns and flog them off to barman...

LoadsaMoney said:
Hows that, these drivers are for the GTS as well. :)

I read somewhere today that special attention is being given to the GTX cards and not so much the GTS cards. I'll try and find the link again. May be tomorrow since I'm off to work in 10min.

Amadeus said:
I can't get to the bar its blocked by stalkers - at present trying to get the 'documents' with a pistol and shotgun which is tedious lol

Hmm ive already picked up an Ak and a viper and alos the pistol with the green arrow, thats from killing those 5 army dudes under the railway bridge. :D

PinkFloyd said:
Cheers mate, will go take a harder look around there.
Have been there but not seen anything, unless I picked something up and just forgot about it....
Completely thrown by the PDA telling me to "retrieve the documents from X18" yet it points right up north :/
:o sorry chap, i'm confused.. northeast of the garbage sector is a rad zone and a route to dark vally, the lab x18 is in that sector.. whats lost me is that one quest is just finding some documents and taking them to the bar (the on i've been thinking it was) and the next quest that takes you to x18 has about 5 stages, the first being to sneak into a bandit camp.. which one are you on?

Oh for crying out load.... everything respawns (including side quests) after a game-day. What a naff gameplay mechanic :( Can't help feeling the whole thing is very unpolished... a bit rushed even.

Really having trouble enjoying this game. Whenever there are say 5/6/7 enemies in an area, I have to load and retry a few times before I make it through alive. When I had to get to the mole, I went walkabouts round the back which confused the AI. I got into a building and found all the enemies lined up facing away from me and I just shot them down with ease so I was lucky there but now I'm on the next bit in this dark underground place I think and I'm stuck again. Long distance, they mow you down with automatic weapons and short distance...well I'll be dead before I get close enough for some shotgun action...

Frustrating that I'm loading all the time rather than playing through each level.

:(!!!

I'm in the same place as you (underground in a tunnel..) yeah it is pretty frustrating. You can't stay still and tactically do it as the rad getes ya and you can't seem to clear a section as they seem to spawn behind you again...

Also where am i going !? :p

Saying that i do not have any of the issues that a lot of people seem to be having, so cannot complain too much. Overall, so far a good game, just a little frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom