**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Might leave this game alone for a month or so, and concentrate on C&C3.

Allow some time for the wonderful modders to actually finished the game for the developers... as la Oblivion!

Has anyone got their limited edition order through from the place that first said they were canceling the order and then said they would send it at the reduced price after the other customers kicked up a fuss?

Still waiting a week on for mine, bit miffed as I had canceled a different order of the game because of them.

BruceLee said:
Has anyone got their limited edition order through from the place that first said they were canceling the order and then said they would send it at the reduced price after the other customers kicked up a fuss?

Still waiting a week on for mine, bit miffed as I had canceled a different order of the game because of them.

No not received mine either :(

It did say wait 3-5 days though.

This is the only game that has kept me at the computer screen for a long long time. It's fantastic. However I feel as that I'm a lucky one as I'm not arsed about full graphics anymore because of the price you to pay nowadays, and I haven't had one crash or encountered any bugs.

Well worth the wait for me.

Fubar said:
That's because your trying to fix something that isn't broken after the patch :p
Then, pray tell, why can't I see my binoculars in my hands anymore?

The FOV is back to what it was before the patch and before the FOV fix.

The FOV fix doesn't work anymore, I'm stuck in some vert- crap.

Last edited:
Are you even meant to?
Equipped with a gun I see that fine, are you meant to be able to see your actual hands on the binoculars? Not really a game breaker is it? Does anything else screw up FOV wise for you?

steve258 said:
No not received mine either :(

It did say wait 3-5 days though.

Damn, been off this week too. Sure it will turn up when i am back at work...

fubar said:
This is the only game that has kept me at the computer screen for a long long time. It's fantastic. However I feel as that I'm a lucky one as I'm not arsed about full graphics anymore because of the price you to pay nowadays, and I haven't had one crash or encountered any bugs.

Well worth the wait for me.

What settings are you running for the game? I have the same graphics card, just wondering if it will run half-decently, am contemplating a 8800GTS.

NutritioN said:
Are you even meant to?
Equipped with a gun I see that fine, are you meant to be able to see your actual hands on the binoculars? Not really a game breaker is it? Does anything else screw up FOV wise for you?
Yes, you are supposed to see the binoculars in your hands.

Yes, it is a game-breaker, for many people.

Yes, it does screw up the whole game in general.

An improper FOV can cause loads of problems, and it sucks having the top and bottom of the screen cut off. I can understand why you would tell me to like it or lump it, but GSC could've put some effort into modernising this prehistoric game. ;)

Last edited:
Hector said:
:o sorry chap, i'm confused.. northeast of the garbage sector is a rad zone and a route to dark vally, the lab x18 is in that sector.. whats lost me is that one quest is just finding some documents and taking them to the bar (the on i've been thinking it was) and the next quest that takes you to x18 has about 5 stages, the first being to sneak into a bandit camp.. which one are you on?
I'm confused too mate. I Must have missed an important message somewhere. Might start again and see if i can find it now I have a better idea of what I am doing in the game.
Will go take a look around Dark Valley now :)

Ok, going to have to reload a saved game getting me back a few stages. Just popped up in the base after a tunnel with no medkits, bandages, but worst of all no place to hide just get mullered straight away. Ever since i went in that tunnel there has not been one place that i can sit and re-coup, read map etc.
Will give it a few goes, perhaps i can kill one bloke and get a medkit or something, but don't think this one man army is supposed to be taking on this lot this early on.....

Ramble over, now back to it! :D

PinkFloyd said:
I'm confused too mate. I Must have missed an important message somewhere. Might start again and see if i can find it now I have a better idea of what I am doing in the game.
Will go take a look around Dark Valley now :)

After you get the docs from Agroprom, make sure you speak to the bartender in 100 Rads Bar in Bar (not a typo) and the the shady looking dude in the same bar, Snitch I believe he is called. He will give you a lead on the bloke you are hunting (for the main storyline) which should lead you to the 4 stage mish in Dark Valley. You will know it because you will have to kill Borov for one half of a key (the bartender will give you the first half when you pick up the mish).

I think :)

Last edited:
Snow-Munki said:
umm might get the game... but was wondering if it is scary ? I'm such a wimp wimp :p

There are few moments that will make you jump, but tbh it's not scary at all.

That said, I have never been scared in a game yet, except maybe The Cradle in Thief ;)

Ulfhedjinn said:
Then, pray tell, why can't I see my binoculars in my hands anymore?

The FOV is back to what it was before the patch and before the FOV fix.

The FOV fix doesn't work anymore, I'm stuck in some vert- crap.

i can still see my binoculars in my hand ??

ummm does any1 know where the screenshots are being saved i cant find them anywhere

Spend_day said:
i can still see my binoculars in my hand ??

ummm does any1 know where the screenshots are being saved i cant find them anywhere
What resolution are you using? I definitely still get a lazy vert- and crap FOV in 1680x1050.

If you're using a 4:3 resolution then it's a no-brainer.

BTW, the game doesn't save screenshots as far as I can tell, even though the print screen key is bindable in the user.ltx files. I can't find any screenshots in the saves folders or in the game directory, only been able to take them with Fraps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom