**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

this is hillarious - up until about page 20 you lot were salgging this game off to buggery - and now you loves it!! Anyway, i suspect i wont be able to run it on very high settings - bum.

fastwunz said:
this is hillarious - up until about page 20 you lot were salgging this game off to buggery - and now you loves it!! Anyway, i suspect i wont be able to run it on very high settings - bum.
Some of us still hate it, so speak for yourself.

i remember reading somewhere that after you do all the missions for the trader at the bar you can do the Duty missions. Im not sure if this includes the storyline missions or just those side-quests.

You can join Duty around in the same area as Freedom, the farm that you attack as a Freedom member has a Duty guy who wants you to go and snipe someone.

Just a tip, just to the left ( beyond the abaondoned village where the blood stalkers hang out (comming from the bar) of the farm with Duty there are a bunc of merc's fairly heavily armoured, if you kill the 3/4 mercs you will find some fairly tasty modifed weapons including a modified Chaser13, and two modified rifles ( the type that looks suspisously like the bristish army use).

Just to be clear, i have also always spoken out about how great this game is, its unique and the forumla sits well with me. I have never played a single player game as avidily as i have this.

Its not going to be everyones cup of tea, it has bugs, these are acceptable to me but not to everyone

It is not the game many where expecting its changed an awful lot since the early conceptual design/ideas its really not the same game at all, the original ideas of stalker where superb, i regret it was delayed as much as it was.

I consider it very likely the delays have had a serious impact on the quality of the game, at the speed the graphics evolve in games it must have had 2 or 3 versions of graphics, but the end result to me is stunning, the lightning strikes create the most amazing shadows iv seen in a game, with reasonable frame rate and it fits modern hardware. I dont think Doom 3 ran any better than this when it was first released, although granted it has less bugs.

Dutch Guy said:
That is a sidequest to kill the mutants at that farm, I did it knowing there were mutants there and in the daylight and it looks my timing was better than yours :D

Yeah would have been better during the day in the game, was about 10pm when i was doing that bit (not game :D ) so i had lights off the lot. :D

Wonder if ive ballsed that quest up then, although they will probably re-spawn for when i select it. :)

Yep, it a bit buggy, not sure if this has happened to other ppl but was hiding behind a metal container and i was still being shot thru it, ethier a bug or armour pierceing bullets, also when the enemy are sneaking they glitch thier gun and head thru metal gates :(

Last Kronin said:
Yep, it a bit buggy, not sure if this has happened to other ppl but was hiding behind a metal container and i was still being shot thru it, ethier a bug or armour pierceing bullets, also when the enemy are sneaking they glitch thier gun and head thru metal gates :(
Trust me, that's happening to everyone.

There are some situations where it's completely impossible to hide from the AI thanks to bugs.

Just finished it and all I can say is - DO NOT MOVE FOR WISH GRANTER MISSION FROM PREPIAT WITHOUT A CODE. And once in underground START SAVING TO SEPARATE SAVES. I think there is a bug which lets you enter final mission without escape code and you will only get one ending. So once again, the moment you hear about wish granter start looking for a code or you'll never see other ending to the game. Trust me, you will thank me later.

Dutch Guy said:
Is there another trader from garbage onwards?

I am getting a bit tired of going back to the beginning to get paid for missions and to sell the loot :(
several but to get free access you need to do the start trader's special missions.. else you'll have to fight/sneak into a duty stronghold :eek:

Game is impossible for me to play. Blue screened as soon as i went out the first bunker, upgraded graphics drivers to 7.3 and at havent blue screened since. It keeps hanging though and when i ctrl-alt-del it always says "Not Responding", i havent even got out the camp with Wolf in. I've tried dropping the settings down and it doesnt appear to make any difference. Specs are:

x1800xt
AMD 4200 x2
1gig 6400 DDR

Running at 1280x1024 and last attempt was at the second from lowest quality setting. Cant be arsed to load it up again and remap all the keys for the 10th time :mad:.

Well I've basically just started it and im just wondering, what are the gas cloud things. Well not really gas clouds, their transparent, but when you go near them your screen gets brighter and a beep goes off and you end up getting damaged, im thinking it has got something to do with radiation but im not sure, theres tons of them and they don't attack you or anything they just sit there and if you go near them they start attacking you.

Just finished it myself and wanted to pass on a few things for people who are playing it. I hope none of this counts as spoilers.

Firstly make sure you do the Guide and Doctor missions before you go to Pripyat, and make sure you get the decoder in Pripyat. Next thing make a save you won't go over once you get inside the Chernobyl Power Plant (after escaping the blowout), since from that point you can still get one of three endings depending on where you go and what choices you make. And finally and most importantly make sure you pursue all three options (obviously this will involve reloading after completing the game) otherwise you actually miss some of the best levels in the game.

It's kinda sad to think that a lot of people won't have the decoder when they reach the power plant and will miss the chance to see the best level in the game by far, and indeed the best ending. The scale of the final level is phenomenal.

Back
Top Bottom