**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Heh, just had to help defend an encampment from mercs. So instead of waiting I done a little scout ahead. They were there, about a dozen of 'em, heading in the direction of the camp.

I fired form my heavily modded AK (scope, launcher and some accuracy mod) and well, what do ya know, a bunch of big boars decided they did not like the noise and ran into the mercs form behind. :D The mercs never stood a chance...

This game is absolutely great!

Last edited:
Macabre said:
Where do I find a psuedodog tail?

I found it flukily straight away before I knew I needed it. At the very start, if you head up then go right at some point you get to a dead end tunnel at the end of the road. The right dog was in there. Not sure if it was scripted, see if you get one there.

NutritioN said:
I found it flukily straight away before I knew I needed it. At the very start, if you head up then go right at some point you get to a dead end tunnel at the end of the road. The right dog was in there. Not sure if it was scripted, see if you get one there.

It's not, they drop randomly off mutants. There aren't many pseudodogs in the first zone (maybe 2 or 3 at the most), so if you can't find one I would suggest leaving the quest until you pick up a tail later on, then heading back to complete it.

Pseudodogs Tail

I failed this mission also as you don't find enough of them until you get to Bar. (Zone 3)
There is a pack of dogs before the entrance to the Duty stronghold that will give you a better chance of finding what you need.

of course the way the game is scripted, after 24 hrs all the side missions reset and you can do it again :rolleyes:

Just got out of x16 lab's had an incredible time, this game is truly awesome once you get going, im off to disable some attena now in the red forest near pripyat, does the guide mission come soon?

keogh said:
Haven't confirmed this myself, but here's what I read - only the Duty suit is supposed to let you carry more (70 kg instead of 50) BUT you can't run at all when wearing it! So it turns you into a tank (in that you can carry lots of guns), but a very slow one. Also I finished the game and never saw this suit as an item anywhere (although I didn't officially 'join' Duty, just did some missions for them).

You don't need to carry half as much as you think. 20 bandages, probably 15-20 med packs, 10 rad syringes, 4 bits of food, 10 grenades. The green version of the SEVA suit also weighs less than the black one, so turn in the 'ghost' suit and the guy in the bunker near X16 gives you the green one.

You pick up ammo and health so regularly that you shouldn't be trying to carry too much, it's more important to be able to run and therefore to keep your weight under 50. The only point I ran short of ammo was X16. Once you've got the GP37 and Vintar special edition you don't really need any other guns (no pistol, no shotgun) until the GP37 gets replaced inside Chernobyl. The vintar special edition is just awesome for getting zoomed/scoped headshots which are always fatal.

Is this a demanding game as his runs like a dead dog on my computer.

I have 2gig of ram, processor AMD 64 3400+ and 1950pro

Or are there any known issues with the 1950 on this game?

Thanks

try the grass slider right down. i'm running 1280x1024 with full dynamic light at 25-50fps..

p4 3.4
2gb
x1900xtx

the renderer parameters from my user.ltx
Code:
r1_dlights on
r1_dlights_clip 75.
r1_glows_per_frame 16
r1_lmodel_lerp 0.1
r1_pps_u 0.
r1_pps_v 0.
r1_ssa_lod_a 64.
r1_ssa_lod_b 48.
r1_tf_mipbias 0.
r2_aa off
r2_aa_break 0.800000,0.500000,0.000000
r2_aa_kernel 0.5
r2_aa_weight 0.250000,0.250000,0.000000
r2_allow_r1_lights off
r2_gi off
r2_gi_clip 0.001
r2_gi_depth 1
r2_gi_photons 16
r2_gi_refl 0.9
r2_gloss_factor 1.5
r2_ls_bloom_fast off
r2_ls_bloom_kernel_b 0.7
r2_ls_bloom_kernel_g 3.
r2_ls_bloom_kernel_scale 0.7
r2_ls_bloom_speed 100.
r2_ls_bloom_threshold 0.001
r2_ls_depth_bias -0.0003
r2_ls_depth_scale 1.00001
r2_ls_dsm_kernel 0.7
r2_ls_psm_kernel 0.7
r2_ls_squality 0.7
r2_ls_ssm_kernel 0.7
r2_mblur 0.
r2_parallax_h 0.02
r2_slight_fade 1.42
r2_ssa_lod_a 64.
r2_ssa_lod_b 48.
r2_sun on
r2_sun_depth_far_bias -0.00001
r2_sun_depth_far_scale 1.
r2_sun_depth_near_bias 0.00001
r2_sun_depth_near_scale 1.
r2_sun_details on
r2_sun_focus on
r2_sun_lumscale 1.
r2_sun_lumscale_amb 0.5
r2_sun_lumscale_hemi 1.
r2_sun_near 12.
r2_sun_near_border 0.75
r2_sun_tsm on
r2_sun_tsm_bias -0.01
r2_sun_tsm_proj 0.3
r2_tf_mipbias 0.
r2_tonemap on
r2_tonemap_adaptation 1.
r2_tonemap_amount 0.7
r2_tonemap_lowlum 0.0001
r2_tonemap_middlegray 0.6
r2_wait_sleep 0
r2_zfill off
r2_zfill_depth 0.5
r2em 2.2
r__detail_density 0.6
r__geometry_lod 1.2
r__supersample 3
r__tf_aniso 11
renderer renderer_r2
rs_c_brightness 1.
rs_c_contrast 1.
rs_c_gamma 1.
rs_fullscreen on
rs_refresh_60hz off
rs_stats off
rs_v_sync off
rs_vis_distance 0.9

Tom|Nbk, i think it should have triggered when you find ghost. if someone can confirm that please.

I run it maxed with Full Dynamic Lightning (spec in sig) runs fine tbh, alough if im running fast sometimes it will freeze for like 1 sec probly just to load an area, but other than that its fine.

Dutch Guy said:
I usually kill all the guys that start shooting at me so I usually have more stuff than I can carry, what is the stuff I need to keep, guns, bullets, food or anti-radiation injections?
Don't bother keeping guns unless you need to gain some money back by selling them, they're far too heavy to carry around IMO. All I keep is ammunition, health packs, bandages, anti-rad etc. and I sell any excess food to random, wandering stalkers.

alexisonfire said:
My game crashes instantly with full dynamic lighting on :(

Have to use static. 80-100fps average with everything else maxed.

I use static lighting anyway :)

I have a larger screen, and w/ Dynamic Lighting on 1920x1200 is VERY choppy, so I usually run that a res or two down and it runs fine, but then with black borders... can't get use to that.

The FPS difference with static lighting is crazy... and tbh when playing you don't really notice the difference, it still looks good. Although after saying that, if you get screenies of static and dynamic next to each other it is quite a big difference.

My PC is old hat now, so I need an upgrade soon!

I'm still struggling with the 50kg weight limit! I have 2 guns (both machine guns though) with plenty of ammo, but with all the other crap in my backpack im usually 51kg+. The food idea is stupid!!!

you need two guns at least, cos if the other runs out of ammo (which it will) then you are screwed with a knife!

Good game though!

keogh said:
I'm still struggling with the 50kg weight limit! I have 2 guns (both machine guns though) with plenty of ammo, but with all the other crap in my backpack im usually 51kg+. The food idea is stupid!!!

you need two guns at least, cos if the other runs out of ammo (which it will) then you are screwed with a knife!

Good game though!
I have 3 guns, pistol with silencer, Shotgun and a Automatic rifle (AK73 or something like that)

I used to put excess ammo in a box in the camp at the beginning and have minimal food.

I disagree about the food though, I think it is a good idea and together with the weight limit, weapon degrade and bandages are nice RPG elements.

Dutch Guy said:
I disagree about the food though, I think it is a good idea and together with the weight limit, weapon degrade and bandages are nice RPG elements.

Don't get me wrong, I like all those other elements too... The 50kg limit is limiting me at the mo, but I like the idea of that... be stupid if you could carry unlimited.

But the food thing is just a stupid novalty idea in my opinion? Why add it? It doesn't make sense? Are they trying to make it more realistic? If so how comes Marked One can go thru the whole game without sleeping? Or going to the toilet even? Just scrape the food thing I feel, but each to their own!

Still a good game!

Back
Top Bottom