**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

PinkFloyd said:
Where exactly did you find the grenade launcher, could really do with one of those.
I've got the sniper M4 though, and I'm loving that.

Am I right in saying that if I go to Chernobyl I can't get back, I just worked my way through Pripyat and I got teleported on to Chernobyl, and there was no obvious way of getting back, I've still got lots to do down south!

Still yet to find where the Doctor and the Guides missions are.
Where is Streloks Hiding place, not sure If I have found it yet, I know I haven't found him yet....
Check both the traders and the other guys in the bar, I'm sure one of them must have the guide mission. Can't get back from Chernobyl so don't go there until you have the decoder or you can't get a 'positive' ending I think and you'll miss the last two levels. There's a grenade launcher in the Freedom base in the army warehouses district but you'll have to become an enemy of Freedom to get it. Think there's another one in X18.

Btw if you leave Pripyat via the main route into the stadium, you get teleported straight to Chernobyl (pretty sure that's a bug). If you leave via the right hand route (hole in a fence), you get to see the stadium and fight what's in there.

Last Kronin/
No real consequences from failing quests AFAIK, you can still go back and get the same quest again.

Some questions:

If I go to the next level do I lose out on the other tasks I was supposed to do?

What is the counter at the top left, sort of goes counts up sometimes.

Is their anyway to kill the gas transparent things, their everywhere and if its dark I can't really see them and I run into them and it knocks part of my health off.

Cheers.

Soulja said:
Whenever i'm playing s.t.a.l.k.e.r it's guranteed to freeze my p.c and i get a blue screen with a message saying 'Process has locked pages' :confused: Anybody know why or have the same problem? Any help would be great
:(

e6700
8800gtx
2gb g.skill
bfg680i
Vista

Got it sorted now, thanks for not helping :p

I don't know what you are all using for weapons, but I have yet to find a better all rounder than the G37 used by the Freedom Fighters.
Headshots aplenty with this bad boy - although you need to take sides with Duty for the easiest way to replenish ammo.

Finding a few Bloodsuckers in the Warehouses on my 2nd time back for more supplies before heading to over to deactivate the Scorcher.

Oxygen said:
I don't know what you are all using for weapons, but I have yet to find a better all rounder than the G37 used by the Freedom Fighters.
Headshots aplenty with this bad boy - although you need to take sides with Duty for the easiest way to replenish ammo.

Finding a few Bloodsuckers in the Warehouses on my 2nd time back for more supplies before heading to over to deactivate the Scorcher.

yeah the G37 is a great gun but remember to pick up the vintar sniper rifle in a pipe in the corner of the base. They are quite a pair to have.

Oxygen said:
Which gun is this?

I've now retired the G37 as my primary weapon with the silenced,scoped M4 I have :D
Tis great unless I have loads of people running at me.
Finally got some ammo for one of the big sniper rifles, that drops people so damn quick, its great fun :D

Also why is it when I go to trade with anyone they have pleanty of cash and all my weapons are in good condition and they have ammo. Why is it that every weapon I have is coloured red and is listed as worth nothing :confused:

Macabre said:
Also why is it when I go to trade with anyone they have pleanty of cash and all my weapons are in good condition and they have ammo. Why is it that every weapon I have is coloured red and is listed as worth nothing :confused:

i believe only certain traders can buy guns, such as the guy at the very start, the barkeep and sakhorav, dno any others since i aint got any further

Macabre said:
red means the NPC will not trade that item, only traders will buy weapons and ammo.

edit: ah, to beaten to it :)

K, cheers.

Anyway I have to travel 800'ish meters and im carrying a ton of stuff. Running out of time for quests as well for collecting rewards. Is their no transport or fast travel(like oblivion)?

Macabre said:
K, cheers.

Anyway I have to travel 800'ish meters and im carrying a ton of stuff. Running out of time for quests as well for collecting rewards. Is their no transport or fast travel(like oblivion)?

remember to put flash and sparkler artifacts into your belt to increase endurance, if u keep your load to 50kg u can run all the time without running out of breath

Can you get a new "backpack" or sumin that will increase the amount you can carry?

I'm constantly chucking things away cos the 50k limit is too small! And I only have 2 weapons in there... but I want to have as much ammo for each weapon as poss, but I am having to chuck it away all the time?

Does getting new armour increase your load aswell maybe?

And it isnt that hard to mod if you wanted to increase the carrying capacity of a certain armour, or create a 'packmule' armour that lets you carry everything...
BUT I think it would detract from the game.. Part of the challenge is deciding what to keep/what to bin... Only so much stuff you can take with you.

Sam C

Where do I find a psuedodog tail? I can't find psuedodogs only the normal ones but they don't have anything but just normal tails and the mission time limit only has 3 h left :mad:

LoadsaMoney said:
I was mortal today, drank about 4 bottles of vodka, he was staggering all ower the shop and the keys messed up, i was pressing to stagger left and he was going backwards :D

Thats nothing, try downing 7 bottles of Vodka and massacaring the whole zone :D.

Took me 10 mins to become sober again, fastest recovery eh?

Back
Top Bottom