**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

keogh said:
I use static lighting anyway :)

I have a larger screen, and w/ Dynamic Lighting on 1920x1200 is VERY choppy, so I usually run that a res or two down and it runs fine, but then with black borders... can't get use to that.

The FPS difference with static lighting is crazy... and tbh when playing you don't really notice the difference, it still looks good. Although after saying that, if you get screenies of static and dynamic next to each other it is quite a big difference.

My PC is old hat now, so I need an upgrade soon!

I'm still struggling with the 50kg weight limit! I have 2 guns (both machine guns though) with plenty of ammo, but with all the other crap in my backpack im usually 51kg+. The food idea is stupid!!!

you need two guns at least, cos if the other runs out of ammo (which it will) then you are screwed with a knife!

Good game though!

Theres a huge difference unfortunately :(

Look at the fps difference as well!!!!

Static
dynamicexample2.jpg

Dynamic
dynamicexample.jpg

keogh said:
Don't get me wrong, I like all those other elements too... The 50kg limit is limiting me at the mo, but I like the idea of that... be stupid if you could carry unlimited.

But the food thing is just a stupid novalty idea in my opinion? Why add it? It doesn't make sense? Are they trying to make it more realistic? If so how comes Marked One can go thru the whole game without sleeping? Or going to the toilet even? Just scrape the food thing I feel, but each to their own!

Still a good game!

He doesn't need sleep like the bad guy in tomorow never dies. Toilet? he just does it while you walk about.

No, his suite has a waste processing system whereby a pipe transports his faeces and urine to his backpack, where it is converted to several types of serum and drugs, one of which alleviates the need for sleep.

:o

titaniumx3 said:
No, his suite has a waste processing system whereby a pipe transports his faeces and urine to his backpack, where it is converted to several types of serum and drugs, one of which alleviates the need for sleep.

:o

Productive imagination! If thats the case, why can't this "reused" waste be "reused" as food... then you only need to have one drink and one meal and it gets used over and over and over!

alexisonfire said:
Theres a huge difference unfortunately

Look at the fps difference as well!!!!

Yeah, as I said in my post if you compare screenies there is a huge difference, but what I mean is if you play in static without knowing what it looks like in dynamic, the game still looks good!

But yes, it is much better in dynamic with screenies comapred. I'm sure the major performance hit to the game with dynamic lighting on is to do with shoody coding... cos the performance isncrease is HUGE!

Tom|Nbk said:
Just got out of x16 lab's had an incredible time, this game is truly awesome once you get going, im off to disable some attena now in the red forest near pripyat, does the guide mission come soon?
bad news i fear.. it seems you must have the flash drive from Strelok's stash before gtting finding Ghost else it won't trigger :( basicaly without Guide the hunt for Strelok is over.

Hector said:
bad news i fear.. it seems you must have the flash drive from Strelok's stash before gtting finding Ghost else it won't trigger :( basicaly without Guide the hunt for Strelok is over.

:( , ive just finished turning off the psi emission and am about to do the wish granter missions, pretty gutted i won't see the good ending :(

EDIT: I still have the hunt for strelok mission in my pda?

Last edited:
v0n said:
Just finished it and all I can say is - DO NOT MOVE FOR WISH GRANTER MISSION FROM PREPIAT WITHOUT A CODE. And once in underground START SAVING TO SEPARATE SAVES. I think there is a bug which lets you enter final mission without escape code and you will only get one ending. So once again, the moment you hear about wish granter start looking for a code or you'll never see other ending to the game. Trust me, you will thank me later.

What code where do i find this?

Tom|Nbk, i don't want to give to much away but without Guide you can't get the code.. you can either reload and go get the flash drive before going down into x16 or play to the end and then reload if you don't fancy starting from scratch.

PinkFloyd, yer he gives one quest.. if you've met him the quest must have been triggered because he spawns in, go find/talk to him and he'll put you on the right path.. he should still be marked on your quest map.

the first time round i failed, this time i was determined to find Strelok and it's taken me a few days to figure out how i messed up last time.. easy to get side tracked around the research center because of the side quests that trigger.

Hey,

Just installed on my PC and patched to the latest version but it won't run :( gives me an error saying fsgame.ltx is corrupt (it contains duplicate lines?!) or something! Running the spec in my sig on XP Pro x64, Forceware 93.71... anyone having similar issues?

Cheers,

Suman

make a backup of fsgame.ltx (you'll find it in the stalker game's root folder), open the original with notpad and see if you can see any duplicates and remove one if so.. i'm gessing there is two $app_data_root$ lines, which tell the game where the config settings and other saved data is kept.

:) well luckily i saved in yantar just before i went to x16 so on my next run through ill load that up and get the other endings . I now need some advice i have just got out of the psi base and disabled it, i have a few options should i go back to the bar etc and go and stock up on weapons and get the seva suit before i go to pripyat and chernobyl?

dispite what is said, there is no rush so if you've stored a weapon you'd really like to use, now's the time to use it. i took a vintar bc and my trusty unique 5.45mm thunder.

if a weapon runs out of ammo, just kiss it good-bye and sling it on the floor.. there will be new weapons up there anyhow so you won't miss it for too long. a new top end suit would be a good idea too.

Could anybody tell me if the enemies on this respawn?

It doesn't seem so so far, but one area did give me this feeling, and I really really hope it isn't the case, but are there any areas in the game where enemies will keep appearing no matter? Like if I where to stand around an area for ages killing the bandits, will they keep reappearing forever?

I hope not, cos I cannot stand respawning games... Unless you have a weapon with infinite ammo of course!

keogh said:
Could anybody tell me if the enemies on this respawn?

It doesn't seem so so far, but one area did give me this feeling, and I really really hope it isn't the case, but are there any areas in the game where enemies will keep appearing no matter? Like if I where to stand around an area for ages killing the bandits, will they keep reappearing forever?

I hope not, cos I cannot stand respawning games... Unless you have a weapon with infinite ammo of course!

Yes they do. :(

Tom|Nbk said:
Yes they do. :(

Ah ya joking right? What about on the missions though? Like in the military base and stuff when your fighting all the army. I'm past there, but thats the best example I can give.

My strategy is (and is with all games) find a place to sit where you can snipe them off, and wait for them to come to you and take them out. Can't get cornered that way. I took all them out and they didn't seem to respawn?

But I'm sure they respawn just wandering round the zone?

keogh said:
Ah ya joking right? What about on the missions though? Like in the military base and stuff when your fighting all the army. I'm past there, but thats the best example I can give.

My strategy is (and is with all games) find a place to sit where you can snipe them off, and wait for them to come to you and take them out. Can't get cornered that way. I took all them out and they didn't seem to respawn?

But I'm sure they respawn just wandering round the zone?

I think for big areas such as the warehouse they don't spawn but most places they will respawn, thats the main thing that annoys me about the game. It's supposed to be a baron wasteland yet there millions of people milling about.

I really need to find where you guys get all ya weapon mods. Just made it to the bar and still using the basic crud.

Also the only thing that i did not manage to do was find strelok's stash, went into the tunnel and came out the other side ( was fun) but did not see any stash, was mental in there though, so did not hang around in one place for too long.... :rolleyes:

Just installed it (at last) and found it runs supriningly well :) 1680x1050, full dynamic lighting, no AA/AF, max detail, mid-ish grass density. Haven't done a fraps yet but it seems to be 30 most of the time, which is fine for me :)

Back
Top Bottom