**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

I got another question... full of em today!

How comes when I attach artifcats to my belt, it will gladly show me the - (minus) attributes to the artifact, but it wont show the + (plus) attributes?

So for example, I have +40% of whatever, and the artifact I have attached should give me an extra +10% of that, it doesn't go up? It stays at +40%? Should it do this? Or is there sumin I am doing wrong?

Sherm said:
Also the only thing that i did not manage to do was find strelok's stash,

check your pda, there's a diagram of where it is. Did you go up a pipe into a single room? There's some goodies and a flash disk in there (look around).

keogh said:
I'm still using that badboy to this point... attached several goodies to it mind you, but still a great weapon!

I find the G37 (I think it's 37) better than the AK, but shame one cannot mount things like grenade launchers on it...

For anyone that might be struggling; I have been using this walkthrough. I am loathed to use them usually but the holes in the plot on this game make a third restart a non-starter for me.

It's concise enough to be a help, but not so much an idiots game as to detract from the enjoyment and give too many spoilers. It was written for v.1.0, and I have found a few holes, but if you want it, there it is.

It's a shame that so much of this game can depend on what you have done hours ago that sometimes a re-do is necessary.

/edit: BTW, has anyone managed to meet the Duty General yet? I am just starting the Yatar missions and I still can't get to him past the guards in Bar, I have neutral with Duty faction and friendly with Freedom :/

Last edited:
MoratJG said:
BTW, has anyone managed to meet the Duty General yet? I am just starting the Yatar missions and I still can't get to him past the guards in Bar, I have neutral with Duty faction and friendly with Freedom :/
do the Yatar/x16 quest, after going back to the barman with the documents and having a chat with him you'll be able to talk your way past the guard.

Tom|Nbk said:
I think for big areas such as the warehouse they don't spawn but most places they will respawn, thats the main thing that annoys me about the game. It's supposed to be a baron wasteland yet there millions of people milling about.
Well it doesn't exactly say anywhere it's supposed to be a barren wasteland. The valuable artifacts and the stories about the wish granter attract the stalkers. The monolith stalkers also have their own reasons for being there as you sort of find out towards the end, as do Duty and Freedom in there own way.

I do agree about the spawning though, it's by far the worst thing about the game. It happens everywhere too. The tunnels under the research lab, I came out of there having cleared them completely, went straight back in since I'd come out of the wrong end (long story but I also went in the wrong end, doing the tunnels back to front, so the mission status didn't update when I came out the wrong end) only to find it suddenly full of enemies again :rolleyes: There needs to be some spawning of course, but it happens far too quick. You end up just running past spawned enemies since you get fed up of killing them.

Last edited:
fish99 said:
Well it doesn't exactly say anywhere it's supposed to be a barren wasteland. The valuable artifacts and the stories about the wish granter attract the stalkers. The monolith stalkers also have their own reasons for being there as you sort of find out towards the end, as do Duty and Freedom in there own way.

I do agree about the spawning though, it's by far the worst thing about the game. It happens everywhere too. The tunnels under the research lab, I came out of there having cleared them completely, went straight back in since I'd come out of the wrong end (long story but I also went in the wrong end, doing the tunnels back to front, so the mission status didn't update when I came out the wrong end) only to find it suddenly full of enemies again :rolleyes: There needs to be some spawning of course, but it happens far too quick. You end up just running past spawned enemies since you get fed up of killing them.

The game is set around the nuclear disastar, Chernobyl. The zone around Chernobyl is a deserted barren wasteland. Seeing hoards of people wandering about certainly spoils the mood sometimes.

I have just finished killing the snipers in the army warehouse and I have gone back to the Duty Farmstead for my reward. I have waited for an age and spoken to all the duty guys around the fire and still cannot complete this mission??

O.k I got the game yesterday from my wife for my B day.

Machine stats

P4 2.5 ghz
512 memory( I know it's the min needed)
Radeon X1650 pro 256 mb
500w power supply

Now with this system I was not expecting full quality by no means but, the game is VERY laggy, moves a frame sticks for 1 sec then move another frame.
Impossible to play.
What makes me think there's more to the problem than system performance is the game sets itself to the system and it's set at med,plus it's the same problem on min quality.

Please help if you see my states and think there just not man enough for the job I will be happy just forget it for now as I'm building a new machine in the next 6 weeks. just would like your views.

Thanks for your time

Sonic Boom said:
O.k I got the game yesterday from my wife for my B day.

Machine stats

P4 2.5 ghz
512 memory( I know it's the min needed)
Radeon X1650 pro 256 mb
500w power supply

Now with this system I was not expecting full quality by no means but, the game is VERY laggy, moves a frame sticks for 1 sec then move another frame.
Impossible to play.
What makes me think there's more to the problem than system performance is the game sets itself to the system and it's set at med,plus it's the same problem on min quality.

Please help if you see my states and think there just not man enough for the job I will be happy just forget it for now as I'm building a new machine in the next 6 weeks. just would like your views.

Thanks for your time

I think its the 512mb of ram thats letting you down, and cpu and gfx card really aren't helping :p

Im guessing you have lighting set to static? If your using dynamic, that is your problem, its 3-4 times more demanding than static. This game isn't very well coded either, i even get stuttering at 130+ fps.

Bony Maloney said:
I have just finished killing the snipers in the army warehouse and I have gone back to the Duty Farmstead for my reward. I have waited for an age and spoken to all the duty guys around the fire and still cannot complete this mission??
he should be standing at the entrance of the barn. are there any grey dots on your hud map around that area? i wonder if he's dead.. if you click the PDA's quest stage's (return for the reward) green target icon, it should take your map to him even if dead.

perhaps not an issue here but in that area i have had a few issues with quests. sometimes they don't trigger as complete but if i save, upon reloading that save the mission complete is triggered.. this mostly happens with 'border defence'.

Thanks for the info, now I know for sure that my system is not up to the job I can rest a bit.
I have just turned it down to static lighting and it has made a huge improvement :) BUT!! still not enough to make it playerble :(

Never mind I'll keep the game until I do have the system for it.

Thanks for your time.

Sonic Boom said:
Thanks for the info, now I know for sure that my system is not up to the job I can rest a bit.
I have just turned it down to static lighting and it has made a huge improvement :) BUT!! still not enough to make it playerble :(

Never mind I'll keep the game until I do have the system for it.

Thanks for your time.

If you bumped up your ram to 2gb and snagged a 6800GT gfx card then it'd probably be nice and smooth on static lighting, would look good too. But aye, you've got to ask yourself whether it's worth it for this game.

Back
Top Bottom