**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Since turning the AOD on, the fingerprint scanner seems rather more sensitive than when AOD is turned off. It's like when the AOD is off, the phone takes an extra second to register the presence of the finger.

Oddly enough, lift to wake is also now more sensitive as well.

Soldato
Since turning the AOD on, the fingerprint scanner seems rather more sensitive than when AOD is turned off. It's like when the AOD is off, the phone takes an extra second to register the presence of the finger.

Oddly enough, lift to wake is also now more sensitive as well.

Does your AoD correctly turn the screen off if something is covering the proximity sensor? When I first got the phone I noticed this feature was bugged (wouldn't turn off at all whereas my Note 9 did after a while) so I turned it off completely and haven't used it again since. Not much use if it can trigger the screen to wake in your pocket or something!

One thing I definitely hate about this phone compared to prior Note phones is the camera. I have no idea what Samsung have done but low light photos are decidedly more garbage than ever before. Seems the Korean 'smooth everything' just ruins sharpness in photos and I hate it.

They could do so much better compared to a Pixel if they just allowed us to turn that damn crap off.

Associate
Well got my Note going back to Samsung next week, it's developed a big 10mm bar across the finger print sensor, similar to the burn tests on Jerryrig youtube page. Pretty annoyed really, guy in store said they will try and fix it, I asked for a new phone, seems fair as it's only 4 month old.

Associate
Any news when the January security update will drop on the note 5g ? Also while I'm away I have been using DeX quite a lot and the stuff you can do on it just amazes me. Wish all phones had this built in.

Associate
Any news when the January security update will drop on the note 5g ? Also while I'm away I have been using DeX quite a lot and the stuff you can do on it just amazes me. Wish all phones had this built in.

What cable are you using for dex? Are you using it standalone or through Mac/windows?

Soldato
Swapped out the Samsung LED cover for a Spigen one, so much better. The LED cover is so slippery, plus I never laid my phone face down so never even used the LEDs! Definitely a mistake buying that.

Soldato
After using the phone for a couple of months, I really like it, but have finally had to admit defeat when it comes to the fingerprint scanner. It's really not an acceptable implementation of unlock technology.

Sometimes, when my fingers are clean, and in normal condition I can pick the phone up and do my usual method of planting my thumb down hard on the scanner (I have AOD turned on so I get a direct hit every time) and holding. The first one fails, then the second and I just KNOW it's going to go through all five attempts and pin lock the phone.

It's not like this is an unusual affair either - maybe once a day or so, interspered with other failures that don't lead to a lockout.

I've now got face unlock turned on as well, which of course doesn't work in darkness or even in low light.

Apple really have it nailed with faceid, though I don't miss the massive notch at all.

Soldato
After using the phone for a couple of months, I really like it, but have finally had to admit defeat when it comes to the fingerprint scanner. It's really not an acceptable implementation of unlock technology.

Sometimes, when my fingers are clean, and in normal condition I can pick the phone up and do my usual method of planting my thumb down hard on the scanner (I have AOD turned on so I get a direct hit every time) and holding. The first one fails, then the second and I just KNOW it's going to go through all five attempts and pin lock the phone.

It's not like this is an unusual affair either - maybe once a day or so, interspered with other failures that don't lead to a lockout.

I've now got face unlock turned on as well, which of course doesn't work in darkness or even in low light.

Apple really have it nailed with faceid, though I don't miss the massive notch at all.

I use my right thumb to unlock phone and its 99% accurate unlocking I did enter it 3 times tho

Back
Top Bottom