**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Man of Honour
I don't get the point of this but oh well.

Give me a Note 4 but with 5G support, better battery, better camera, more premium chassis, maybe nicer screen while at it and keep pretty much everything else the same.

Associate
Looks like we will all find out on August 5th for the Unpacked Event. Pretty sure this will be priced well beyond what I'm willing to pay Sim Free or on monthly contract but interested to see what they come up with anyway.

Soldato
This will probably be in the £1300 price point and I hope Sammy dont bring the exynos again to the UK!

Samsung will use its own Exynos chip elsewhere like it always has. However, reports suggest that the company will use the same Exynos 990 processor as the Galaxy S20 lineup. This contradicts earlier reports about an improved Exynos 992 chip for the Galaxy Note 20.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra-exynos-990/

Camera cuts of the N20/20+

Nvflf2k.png

Last edited:
Associate
Even if it does use the same chipset as the s20 ultra in the uk people will still buy it. and honestly i am a uk s20 ultra user its not really that bad.
Is it as fast as the other chipset set nope.
People blowing steam about it its a damned fast phone tbh. its just like the cpu wars intel vs amd lol.
And even though there was a lot of bad press they still sold a boat load of them.

Associate
However you try to excuse it, Samsung are deservedly getting plenty of bad press for their hardware decisions this year.
I agree but its not as bad as some people made out it to be. how ever you look at it. it is still a fast phone, is it as fast as the Exynos chipset sold in other countries no.
But is not like some cars and motorbikes that have to be restricted in some countries and do not in others. or even better specced cars sold or extras you may get in one county and not get in others . sadly and i say sadly you have to put up with it knowing full well its like it is.

Is it disappointing i could not the get the faster Exynos i would be lying if i said no. But like thousands of others that was sold i am happy with the choice i made.

What i find funny is the people or majority of the people who complain never wait for the reviews to come out they just blindly pre order them. In the unpacked events they know full well the chipset it will be sent with.

The above is just my personal opinion and obviously yours may differ.(which is good btw)

Associate
The issue for me with the whole exynos vs snapdragon debate in the s20, and previous generations is the price. They still charge us the same for an inferior performing product.

Yes under everyday use you probably won't notice, bar battery life but some of us do more intensive tasks on our flagship device.

Maybe a bit simplistic view of it but if you went and bought a new pc and expected an i7 but got an i3 inside for the same money would you be happy? It still does the same job as the i7 but its slower, and you probably won't notice under normal mundane tasks but you go to push it and its not the same.

I think people would have been happy to accept the exynos issues compared to the snapdragon if samsung accepted it and charged less.

But obviously 95% of people who buy them dont understand, and probably don't care, about the issue.

Soldato
Rumours now are saying only FHD at 120hz and Exynos 990, rather than a newer version of the chip.
Samsung going all in on failure for this year.

Soldato
Think I'll be missing this round out.....again! The Note 10 wasn't enough of an upgrade over my Note 9, and it looks like the 20 isn't going that big an improvement either. Wait and see.

Soldato
If one version has Exynos and one has Snapdragon and they don't perform the same then it shouldn't be named the same. Call it "Ultra Lite" or "Mugs version" or "lol, we have no respect for our customers" or "bah".

It's false advertising in my eyes.

Associate
This whole snapdragon vs exynos thing is a bit overblown, it makes buggerall difference to your daily life and in terms of price of the phone the CPU is such a small part of the equation you might save $5.

Like PCs phones are at a point where CPUs are good enough and the important thing is how good the surrounding package is than a couple of percent here or there.

Associate
This whole snapdragon vs exynos thing is a bit overblown, it makes buggerall difference to your daily life and in terms of price of the phone the CPU is such a small part of the equation you might save $5.
But the Snapdragon phone take better photos than the exynos. That is a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom