**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Soldato
Mine work apart from email which doesn't show unread email badge, anyone else?

Mines stopped working again over night :mad: .. Did you get an update straight after flashing Oreo for the Samsung Email app. I did wonder if that has broken something

Someone reset there device on xda and still has the problem........

Last edited:
Soldato
So probably worth waiting then?

I re flashed XEF then booted in to recovery and wiped cache ... so now it will show 3 unread emails if I then click into the app and leave the emails unread and come out of the email app number count disappears but the emails are still unread within the app. I'm not dismissing the notification but the counts is still disappearing ??

Checked my S7E and that keeps the unread count

Associate
Ive flashed mine the other day with odin. Did a full wipe and install. Anyone else having the AOD crash when you go to its settings to change what AOD clock you want?

Soldato
Think I'll wait until its rolled out. Ive done Cyanogenmod upgrades to phones in the past and disliked the issues that they brought up, this one sounds problematic too?

Caporegime
OP
For the large part, it sounds like it's fine with a few niggles for some. I am with you though, I flashed the hell out of my N4 and am fine with running my N8 Odin free (for now at least).

Soldato
In the past I would have updated within minutes.

Have my phone working just the way I want and don't want to risk breaking anything.

@doodah, thanks for the information in the OP. Just installed iYTBP, looking forward to giving it a go later.

Caporegime
OP
@Mujja - nae bother, I really despise adverts and simply rooted and installed the Xposed YouTube app for my Note 4. Overjoyed when I found out there was a non-root solution :).

Soldato
Anybody on Vodafone done the update ..I've lost wifi calling and even after factory reset still not working even tho its in my phone settings

I've rang Vodafone numerous times for them to send out the config but not working :mad:

Associate
Im the opposite. I bought mine sim free from samsung and use it with three. Before i put oreo on there i had no wifi calling and now ive flashed it with odin, Wifi calling is enabled :confused:

Soldato
Anybody on Vodafone done the update ..I've lost wifi calling and even after factory reset still not working even tho its in my phone settings

I've rang Vodafone numerous times for them to send out the config but not working :mad:

Originally I updated my note 8 to XEF when I first got it but then returned it back to VOD just incase this happened. The Oreo update is on my wifes phone and I dont see any reason to update mine early as theres nothing really new to warranty it.

Soldato
Originally I updated my note 8 to XEF when I first got it but then returned it back to VOD just incase this happened. The Oreo update is on my wifes phone and I dont see any reason to update mine early as theres nothing really new to warranty it.

I'm a bit hesitant to roll back to 7.1.1 in case I brick the phone ..my only option is to reflash oreo xef but use nougat VOD csc that be 3 factory resets in a week not sure I can be bothered

Back
Top Bottom