• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Finally taken the plunge with Pie, please don't screw my battery :p:o.

I have no idea if moving from Oero to Pie has any adverse impact on battery life. Purchased my Note 9 recently, booted it up in Oero, downloaded and applied a load of updates including Pie, did a full reset and been using it since.

I've mentioned that I only charge up to 80%, but I charged to 100% the other day and managed 6h 40m screen on time from 100% to 26% over a 35 hour period.

Easily lasts a day from 80% based on my usage for me so I'm happy.

Associate
Question - Currently the Note 9 dual sim version is cheaper than the single sim, by about £180 , Both 128gb , Does the Dual-Sim have anything missing? Can it still support 1 sim card and a micro sd card also?

Just curious as to why there would be such a huge price difference

Soldato
Question - Currently the Note 9 dual sim version is cheaper than the single sim, by about £180 , Both 128gb , Does the Dual-Sim have anything missing? Can it still support 1 sim card and a micro sd card also?

Just curious as to why there would be such a huge price difference

Dual is better imo, and yep it can do 1 sim and 1 microsd at same time.

Associate
It's only better if you ever use 2 sim cards lol.. otherwise.. literally zero difference

Thanks, I've found what it's only £615 on Amazon now, Because it's an import via a 3rd Party, Amazon direct is £799 ! Not worth the hassle i'd likely encounter with an import...

Caporegime
Updating to Pie finally gave me the kick up the bum I needed to customise my phone.

Quite liking Pie so far and my battery hasn't gotten worse so far, 10% usage for my hour journey to work which is spot on (for a good day).

Edit - just got to 5% with a moderate-heavy day. It's decent though as with Oreo, the SoT (~4.5 hours) isn't that great compared to the Note 8. However, using it at an event today reminded me how much I love this phone :).

Last edited:
Associate
Pie update has been dreadful on my note 9.

-battery lasts like half a day
-chrome extremely buggy especially with videos
-display keeps resetting to 30 seconds screen off instead of 10 minutes

whole list of other issues cba to list. Is there a way to downgrade back to oreo?

Soldato

whole list of other issues cba to list. Is there a way to downgrade back to oreo?

Did you factory reset after the update?

Soldato

To be frank, whilst it it might have happened at the same time, or because of the upgrade. Those aren't symptoms of that upgrade you've got different issues.

You need a reset by the sounds of it, plenty of people here have done the update including me and have had none of those issues

Caporegime
Anyone after a Whitestone alternative

I've just fitted this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alinsea-Compatible-Protector-Tempered-Anti-Scratch/dp/B07H5FJ6PR

Comes with a UV light, One vial of glue but no fancy install kit. For £10 it's a bargain.

Went on perfectly. Slight excess glue leakage from sides but easily cleaned up.. Comes with a rear temp cover which covers speaker grills etc

Check the install video

Would help if I put the protector on the right way round :rolleyes::o. I buggered up my White Dome one a year ago but managed to salvage it, not this time :p. At least it's only £10 to try again though all I really need is the glue.

Associate
To be frank, whilst it it might have happened at the same time, or because of the upgrade. Those aren't symptoms of that upgrade you've got different issues.

You need a reset by the sounds of it, plenty of people here have done the update including me and have had none of those issues

Really? That's odd. I did a full reset right after upgrading to Pie a few weeks ago and the phone is as clean as it can be (no files, no music, no photos etc). I can't imagine what benefit another reset could bring but I can try that and see if it fixes the issues. If not, it sounds like you are suggesting the phone itself has a problem and so I should probably send it back to samsung in that case if the problems exist post reset

Soldato
Really? That's odd. I did a full reset right after upgrading to Pie a few weeks ago and the phone is as clean as it can be (no files, no music, no photos etc). I can't imagine what benefit another reset could bring but I can try that and see if it fixes the issues. If not, it sounds like you are suggesting the phone itself has a problem and so I should probably send it back to samsung in that case if the problems exist post reset

Well the alternative is we're all experiencing that... Which we're not!

The other thing especially on the battery is it does take a few days to calm down, I guess it has to figure out where everything is... There's a word for it, I'm tired lol

Associate
I'm still considering the Note9 , Currently use an otterbox with a built in screen protector, is there anything like that available for the note? Everything seems to be tempered glass separately to the case now, and also less protection because they need to leave the stylus accessible? What cases are people using? The otterbox has saved my S7 many times.

Caporegime
Assume first application didn't go well? Did the glue solution dry and did it leave a mess behind on the screen? Or did it wipe away quite easily?

Completely my fault, I put the protector on the wrong way round so the glue was on the front :o:o:p. I actually managed to flip it around and almost get away with it but had a touch too much glue so there were gaps. It was a bit of a ball ache to get the glue off but it does come off, the alcohol wipes cut straight through it though. Make sure you cover your S-Pen hole, I added a bit more tape, as I am still fishing a little glue from there.

Soldato
OP
So took phone off charge at 9am then at about 11am i got the "moisture in charging port" blah blah . Phone been sat on desk for 2 hours not used and no where near water . Fixed it by turning off popping on charge then turning on , looking at Samsung forums it happens to a few people.
If it comes back off to service center

Back
Top Bottom