*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Ordered the Samsung protection+ case after seeing mrk's post about it. Arrived this morning and I am loving it. Doesn't add too much bulk, looks nice and makes the note 2 fit in the hand better. Adds a bitmore grip and is very comfortable.

Cheers, mrk.

Soldato
It may take a couple of charges for battery to settle.
Does any of you use Google now has it on all the time?
Do you keep GPS on all the time?
Battery must be great but still having all on won't help will it...

I don't use Google Now (btw you can open Google search by long pressing the menu button, I forgot you asked that earlier) so can't comment on that, but leaving GPS on all the time will make no difference unless apps actually use it, being "on" just means available for use,so it will only drain your battery if you have apps wanting to know where you are all the time (through "precise location" or whatever the permission is called, not the less accurate one that uses cell towers to get an approximate location) :).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ordered the Samsung protection+ case after seeing mrk's post about it. Arrived this morning and I am loving it. Doesn't add too much bulk, looks nice and makes the note 2 fit in the hand better. Adds a bitmore grip and is very comfortable.

Cheers, mrk.

No problem, glad someone found it useful :D

Whilst I think it looks better i havent found the original gloss easy to scratch? mines still unmarked without a case used

By scratch I mean the effect you get on car paintwork when a carwash has been used or dirty sponges, that webbed effect under direct light that you can see, looks like lots of hairline scratches most visible around flexing/curved areas (lens area, edges). The same happened on the S3.

Associate
I got my note 2 this morning everything was fine till I went to charge it and the charger kept disconnecting even when the phone was left alone, but when I used one of my old samsung chargers it charged fine it just wasn't as powerful as the new charger, what do you reckon I should do ?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Note III rumour mill has started early.

RGB array plastic OLED display may feature on Note III, to be 5.99" in size.
http://www.androidtimes.info/2013/04/samsung-rumored-to-introduce-plastic.html

I imagine this to be a really good thing but with certain aspects in mind.

1: It will need to have an alloy skeleton. This probably won't be a problem as the S3 and Note II have a metal frame inside anyway.

2: Should be very lightweight, this will mean HTC and iPhone fans will be able to raise pitchforks even higher this time due to perceived "Build quality" :p

3: Replacement screens should one break should be cheaper as well.

4: Exotic phone dimensions (flexible?!).

Soldato
OK..not sure what is the problem here...
Phone is not notifying me when I get message on Facebook...all notifications are set and yet nothing...
Have no clue if that's a problem with ROM? App?
Never had a problem like that on nexus...

Associate
Rooted and booted my note 2 and I love it. Do i miss my iphone do I hell lol

Oh and ordered a dock will post pictures when it arrives.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone manage to get a wireless xbox controller working with a note ii?

This is theoretically possible as people have done it on the s3 and nexus.

I am aware other controllers xan be used quite easily, but I already own two wireless xbox controlers and dont want waste money on something else

Back
Top Bottom