*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
I Googled it and found your XDA thread :p.

Have you tried what the guy suggested about trying the S3's method?

If the S3 method doesn't work then I imagine you're out of luck unless you can edit whatever is causing the problem in the .ko file so that it works with the Note 2 kernel.

Last edited:
Soldato
waiting for memory card to turn up...
once I got it, will do backup and flash vanila rom.
Hopefully battery will still be as good..

had a quick browse on XDA and there are few other roms on there...anyone tested other than Wanam ?

Soldato
Note III rumour mill has started early.

RGB array plastic OLED display may feature on Note III, to be 5.99" in size.
http://www.androidtimes.info/2013/04/samsung-rumored-to-introduce-plastic.html

I imagine this to be a really good thing but with certain aspects in mind.

1: It will need to have an alloy skeleton. This probably won't be a problem as the S3 and Note II have a metal frame inside anyway.

2: Should be very lightweight, this will mean HTC and iPhone fans will be able to raise pitchforks even higher this time due to perceived "Build quality" :p

3: Replacement screens should one break should be cheaper as well.

4: Exotic phone dimensions (flexible?!).

I've also been seeing rumours that starting with the NoteIII that they'll be reducing the plastic and use metal alloy on parts of the external casing to counter complaits about their phones being too 'plasticy'

Personally the NoteII has been good enough so it's not needed. But anyway this is a step in the right direction.

Soldato
today will do what Mrk did to his case ;) mine just arrived ...will see what hides beneath gloss:) - it looks cheap anyhow

remember I was asking for keyboards and someone mentioned Swype...I said neeeeee
Just bought it on sale and it is brilliant :)

Soldato
When are we likely to see an official 4.2.2 for the Note II now that the S4 is out? Is it just a case of porting it over by a developer or will we have to wait for Samsung?

Soldato
So, has anyone gone from a Note II to S4 yet?

Last night I ended up watching a TV show in 1080p on my N2, prior to this I've been very tempted to get the s4, infact I still am, but I know I will probably miss the screen the most. However I feel at times the phone is just a bit too big still.

If anyone of you have done the switch, what are your thoughts so far?

Back
Top Bottom