*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
am downloading Android Revolution Rom...
am missing pure JB ;(

are there any other worth mention roms ? apart of CM ?
will download Paranoid as well...

Miui - but based on Samsung 4.1.1 roms

Aosp roms are good but the camera not functioning properly stops me from using them full time.

I haven't found any other roms worth there while other than stock room with simplistic mod and doing all the system tweaking yourself.

Associate
I am expecting a Note II today as a contract upgrade from my S2. I have been reading through the thread but have found any recommendations for a car mount/dock. Can anyone recommend a good mount for using the N2 as a satnav in landscape orientation? Reviews on Amazon are a bit mixed for most models listed.

I am waiting for delivery of a Samsung protector case so it would be great to keep that fitted while in a mount. I have already received the Media Devil Crystal Clear screen protectors that I thought I would try (free Moam Stripes too, nice see another company is trying to feed my sweet addiction :)). I will post my verdict on the protectors when I get my phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
after playing with Roms yesterday, I went back to Wanam 3.5 :)

My N2 is all the time in its Samsung case - which I like as it gives extra grip.
After taking it out from the case I realized that all in all N2 is not so big anymore:)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah without a case it really feels slim and not big at all in the hand.

I don't use a car mount but depends how you want it mounted I guess. Brodit active mounts seem to be the best though I think.

Associate
I will check out the Brodit mounts :). The Supergrip Universal mount on Mobilefun looks like a quick and easy option.

The Media Devil screen protector went on very easily and without any air bubbles. It helps that I put it on straight after removing the protective packaging film and that helped avoid any dust getting on the screen. It hasn't had any negative impact on screen clarity and provides a nice surface for the S pen. It does show finger prints if viewed on an angle but it isn't noticable face on unless the sun is also hitting the screen head on. The actual feel is very slick and plastic like when using a finger but allows a slight resistance when writing with pen. I cannot see any evidence of scratching but this will require long term use to determine how durable it is.

The Media Devil protector doesn't cover the entire face of the phone but fits a couple millimetres short of curved edges and is cut around the camera lense, speaker and home button. This should help prevent it from suffering any problems with full bumper cases but as my Samsung case failed to turn up I will have to wait and see.

The retail packaging had a nice premium appearance but was good value at £10 for 2 protectors, screen cleaning cloth and a plastic applicator card with calendar printed on it (credit card size so it fits in your wallet). I cannot compare them to more expensive protectors but they are marked improvement on the cheap ones you get online and in most supermarkets.

Soldato
Well mines back with Samsung unfortunately.

Started getting hangs and random reboots, suspected to be the "insane" memory issue affecting some S3's as well.

Heard about the joke of a returns handler in the UK (I bought from Handtec) so luckily I've got another returns handler looking at it.

Confirmed as being a hardware fault and they've sent it to Samsung.

Associate
I use the official Samsung car mount. Says it is for the S3 but the N2 fits with no problem, even with the Samsung Protection+ case. Very solid and hasn't fallen off the window in the past 5 months of use. I'd recommend it.

Soldato
Having had my note 2 since November, it still continues to amaze me. I never really thought i would bother with the stylus but i've used it quite a lot of times for taking notes or just drawing and editing things. Everything is so fluid and fast and i think its going to be a long time till i need to upgrade since im running at 1.920ghz and it feels very quick. I can't imagine going to a smaller screensize after having this. Playing games like worms armageddon is great on this and i can imagine it wouldn't be half as fun on a smaller screen.

Soldato
Having an issue on mine, running stock BTU 4.1.2 rom. Its been totally fine till recently now when I go into gallery and click on camera gallery, it just locks up for a few mins, possibly sound like the memory card failing? (as the photos are stored on the memory card) everything else seems to run fine including taking the pictures etc, i did try clearing the camera and gallery cache but that didnt seem to do much.

Soldato
Sounds similar to what mine started doing when my problem started to manifest.

Try installing a few more apps and see if you get any hangs - mine got progressively worse.

Also try installing "eMMC Brickbug Check" from the play store to see if you have one with the dodgy memory.

Soldato
Having an issue on mine, running stock BTU 4.1.2 rom. Its been totally fine till recently now when I go into gallery and click on camera gallery, it just locks up for a few mins, possibly sound like the memory card failing? (as the photos are stored on the memory card) everything else seems to run fine including taking the pictures etc, i did try clearing the camera and gallery cache but that didnt seem to do much.

I had an 8gb card in mine and it started doing the same, you could try removing it and formatting it and putting it back into the note2, my card was buggered though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds similar to what mine started doing when my problem started to manifest.

Try installing a few more apps and see if you get any hangs - mine got progressively worse.

Also try installing "eMMC Brickbug Check" from the play store to see if you have one with the dodgy memory.

Just installed that, click check memory and it opens a wiki page? although its says I have an Insane chip?

I had an 8gb card in mine and it started doing the same, you could try removing it and formatting it and putting it back into the note2, my card was buggered though.

Seems to be ok after I've formatted the card, there appeared to be a load of corrupt files in my dcim folder

Soldato
Eliminate the memory card as being the cause by removing it. Back the phone up and reset to default. See if it still does it. If so you'll need to send it back on a warranty claim. Hopefully not with those Anovo/Anova jokers that everyone seems to be having issues with. Mine was escalated and sent back to Samsung, hope to find out more from my warranty handler tomorrow - it's been gone a week.

Associate
I just went from note 2 to s4 after a few days I returned the s4.

Battery life on note 2 MUCH bigger and the main reason I went back was screen size, the s4 felt so small...

One u go big you can't go back:cool:

Note 3 is the one to wait for

Soldato
^ That's what I thought, as I love the screen size on the Note 2. But I've been using the HTC One for over a week now, and I absolutely love it. Battery life isn't as good (it's still decent) nor is the notification light, but the screen clarity/sharpness, design, build quality, audio/speakers, larger internal storage, speed and overall smoothness of the device in EVERYTHING it does, means I'm sold on it. I think if I went to an S4 it would have felt like more of the same but the HTC feels very slick.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Wanam 3.7 is providing some supreme battery life over 3.5/3.6. I don't know what deep down stuff has changed but I'm on 1day 9 hours currently with 22% battery left and by the time I'm home it will have 3 hours screen on time.

No other tweaks/mods or changes anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom