*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Not had that problem, my signal is all over the place, one second I have full signal, then it drops to all grey, sometimes it will drop out then come back again and get a good signal again, all without moving!

Soldato
Did factory reset help with anything else eg poor battery life, multi window not functioning if "easy mode" home screen selected etc

Do you know how to get the pop up browser back? Presumably there is an apk or we can download from play store?

Associate
It helped with battery life a bit, as for multi window no it does not function under easy mode.
I think I found an apk for the pop up browser on xda but a google search should bring something up.
I downloaded floating browser from the play store seems like a good replacement.

Soldato
can anyone suggest a replacement charging cable? I have had both the official samsung ones that came with the phone fail. Wouldn't mind something longer.

Can I just get any usb-micro usb cable?
I thought that the old samsung galaxy s2 was also called "micro-usb" but is a different size to the one used in the note 2. what is the correct name to describe the note 2 version, how are they differentiated?

Man of Honour
can anyone suggest a replacement charging cable? I have had both the official samsung ones that came with the phone fail. Wouldn't mind something longer.

Can I just get any usb-micro usb cable?
I thought that the old samsung galaxy s2 was also called "micro-usb" but is a different size to the one used in the note 2. what is the correct name to describe the note 2 version, how are they differentiated?

Been using my Blackberry Playbook charger, same stats as the Samsung one and much longer as well, the bay is your friend :)

Soldato
Can someone point me in the direction of a comprehensive guide to installing a custom ROM?

After upgrading to 4.3 my battery is shocking and so is my signal, I'm hoping to find a replacement ROM that wasn't put together by monkeys!

Soldato
Can someone point me in the direction of a comprehensive guide to installing a custom ROM?

After upgrading to 4.3 my battery is shocking and so is my signal, I'm hoping to find a replacement ROM that wasn't put together by monkeys!

Try doing a factory reset. When I updated to 4.3 my battery life was appalling. After a factory reset it is better than on 4.2.

Soldato
Bit of a weird one guys. I took the back off my Note 2 as a bit of dust was stopping the S-Pen going all the way in. Anyways problem fixed but for some reason now the Home Button is doing the function of the the left hand button (so bring up options for the active software rather than minimizing to home screen). I had another look and even with the back off that part is still covered so don't think it can be any accidental damage somehow... any idea how I can fix this?

Soldato
Could really use some help as iv never had this issue before when upgrading Omega Rom....
Basically I just tryed to upgrade it to version v22 and once i hit reboot my phone is just stuck in an endless cycle of the Galaxy note 2 logo comming on then going off then coming on then going off... I cant get back into recovery mode.. i cant boot into the phone.. Took the battery out and back in...same again.. The only thing i can do is get into download mode but the Omega rom File isnt a Tar file so theres no way i can reinstall it again with Odin... Im basically stuck and have no idea why this hasn't worked as usually when i update Omega rom it works fine.....

Edit...Managed to get into recovery mode and reinstalled the Rom but its still doing the same thing lol... it just wont boot into the phone and i have no idea why since normally i upgrade without issues?

Last edited:
Soldato
need some urgent halp..

got my phone back from repair (screen)

anyway, decided to stick a rom on so:

odin, installed cmw6, put rom zip on my phone, flashed in cmw6, failed (status7 but ill sort that later)

so now i have a formatted phone that cna get into download mode or recovery. I need to be able to push a rom onto my phone and dont know how?

edit: needed different recovery as cmw6 wasnt supported, working now :D

Last edited:
Associate
What's ROM's are people using for this phone at the minute?

I'm currently on Wanam ML6, but having a few issues with force closes of app and phone randomly rebooting. I was on Supremebean MK9 and DittoNote MK9 briefly, but had issues with notification sounds not working after a couple of days.

I don't flash very often normally, but because of the issues i've had over the last month or so, i've had to do quite a few flashes, also tried doing a full factory reset wiping all data, but that didn't help either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom