*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Caporegime
Since the update, my phone is converting sms messages to multiple recipients to mms messages, clearly not ideal! Any ideas anyone?

Edit: fixed it, you have to change the mms creation method from restricted to free in the messaging settings menu (stock app by the way).

Last edited:
Associate
Updated my Vodafone note 2 to 4.3 and ever since when I visit certain websites I get an error "unfortunately, Internet has stopped working" then drops me back to the home screen.

It's driving me absolutely mental.

Soldato
Updated my Tmobile Note 2 with the latest OTA update and..oh my God! Battery drain like I've never seen. My phone would last 1 and a half days without a charge easily before the update. Now I get three quarters of a day and it's dead.

All my settings were the same as before..this is ridiculous. Might be root and ROM time O.o

Associate
Android OS apparently is causing massive battery drain for me. It's ok for a few hours after I reset and then suddenly, massive drain! Usually happens when I'm at work or sleeping so it's dead in the morning and when I finish work.

Soldato
I also had excessive battery drain for the first day or so, but it seems to have calmed down now?

I am getting this, it is Noticeably much worse.

When there is a link in an email I used to be given the option to use the pop up browser. This is now gone. E. G I am offered safari, chrome or "Internet". I used to have the fourth option of pop up browser - any idea how to get it back?

It used to be the case that holding down the back key would bring up the multi - screen options right? This doesn't seem to work anymore.

I feel like my phone had been updated with the os designed for another Samsung phone and it is now missing the note stuff.

Associate
I've had too many issues with Samsung updates in the past that I'm resisting the update. When I updated my Note 1 the battery life turned from great to pants. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Soldato
I am getting this, it is Noticeably much worse.

When there is a link in an email I used to be given the option to use the pop up browser. This is now gone. E. G I am offered safari, chrome or "Internet". I used to have the fourth option of pop up browser - any idea how to get it back?

It used to be the case that holding down the back key would bring up the multi - screen options right? This doesn't seem to work anymore.

I feel like my phone had been updated with the os designed for another Samsung phone and it is now missing the note stuff.

Settings / my device / display / tick multi window :)

Back
Top Bottom