****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Associate
OP
Could this be the release date?

"Release date: March 4th, 2011
Price: £549
Source: The Samsung Galaxy S was prematurely outed by another online mobile retailer, mobilefun.co.uk. Since realising the error, the page has been modified, with the price now reading TBC and the release date replaced with "not yet available"

Associate
OP
Hmmm looks like there may will be a second SGS2 based on the Tegra chipset. I read it somewhere before but this is the second mention of it plus the odd picture on another site of a HDMI output it may well be on the Tegra version.
Chances are the UK wont see it.
click here

Associate
OP
its makes me laugh how they populate all the homescreens full of samsungs crappy widgets - the layout is shocking and the dock is fugly. They should have at least had a nice colourful vivid wallpaper to show off the super display.

Agreed i hope we can drag all that gumph off the screen and set it up decent :D That chap on the stall dont know anything "is this 2d or 3d or 3d game"....."you judge" lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just looking at the specs between the Motorola Atrix and the SGS2. Looks like the Atrix will have better screen resolution and bigger battery.
I think that HDMI connection is not supported by the Samsung chipset as every tegra2 phone has the HDMI connection as does the Atrix.

Strange why Samsung didnt just use the Tegra 2 instead of their own chipset, this could be down to its better to use what you have then you can meet demand. I wont be happy when Samsung releases the Tegra 2 version in an other part of the world.

click here for data

Associate
OP
"I believe the Cortex A9 was designed so one core can be power gated, but the Tegra 2 doesn't implement this"

This could be another trade off I guess in getting the SGS2 over the Atrix.

Associate
OP
I could be wrong here but i think if you have a Tegra 2 chipset you get a HDMI output, and if you have an Exynos chipset then you dont get an HDMI output. Hence the photo with the SGS2 with HDMI and others photo's without! Just an idea.

Associate
OP
I bet we get the SGS2 quicker than we had to wait for the HTC Desire HD. Been keeping my upgrade on hold since september should be free ofr me ;)

Associate
OP
Anyone got any more info on the ability on the SGS2 doing this "You can remote lock, remote wipe, remotely control your phone - blacklist certain apps you don't want the thieves to have access to. And finally, see your device on a map."

Will there be some kind HTC Sence log on via the internet?

Back
Top Bottom