****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

i have a funny issue, i have a white pixel that only shows in the default browser when a dark colour is placed over it, its actually the left bottom corner pixel, can someone just go on the ocuk site on their gally using default browser and see if they have a white pixel too please(bottom left corner).

on my home screen it doesnt show, videos doesnt show. only the browser i think

Yes, I also have this, don't notice it most of the time though.

This is what I hate (and love) about Android, now I'm going to have to spend all night farting about trying to get it to look nice :p :(

is there any way to have a customised ringtone without being rooted?

Settings -> Sounds -> Phone Ringtone

for the general one, or for individual contacts go to:
Contacts -> 'Jim' -> Ringtone

Each of those will allow you to select mp3 files at least from the phone (not sure on other file types, not got any to test)

This is my lockscreen:
snap20110504231016.png

Is the default email client always appearing as an active app for anyone else? I'm using the task manager widget for Go Launcher EX and it keeps coming up for no reason =/ I don't even use it...

Robbo some questions for you.

Having owned the Desire HD how much better is the battery on this?

Video is not that important but would you say the still image quality is much better than Desire HD?

and the biggest for me is how usable is the screen outside? I use the compass on my phone a lot while walking the dogs and i cant see a thing in sunlight on the Desire HD.

how much are Desire HD's worth second hand now?

Settings -> Sounds -> Phone Ringtone

for the general one, or for individual contacts go to:
Contacts -> 'Jim' -> Ringtone

Each of those will allow you to select mp3 files at least from the phone (not sure on other file types, not got any to test)

lol; i had to resort to ringdroid; there's no option for custom ringtones/mp3s in the ringtone folder sadly

Robbo some questions for you.

Having owned the Desire HD how much better is the battery on this?

I've only had it since lunchtime and haven't even charged it fully yet, so I couldn't accurately comment at the moment. If reviews/user reports are anything to go by, its nearly twice as good.

Video is not that important but would you say the still image quality is much better than Desire HD?

The HD video recording is much, much better. I'd go as far as to say its better than the iPhone 4 and that is way better than the Desire HD was.

The camera is worlds apart from the Desire HD, I found in real world use the DHD camera wasn't really up to much in many situations but this thing most definitely is. The image quality is excellent.

and the biggest for me is how usable is the screen outside? I use the compass on my phone a lot while walking the dogs and i cant see a thing in sunlight on the Desire HD.

how much are Desire HD's worth second hand now?

Much more usable than the Desire HD screen. It also has special outdoor contrast settings so its even clearer if you want it to be :)

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago for £300, condition was A1. They're worth around £250-300.

My eyes hurt from squinting all night lol.

Just tried a high bitrate rip of Megamind on a Class 4 mSD card, played flawlessly, didnt even blick when random skipping around the times etc, not a pause, skip in audio, nothing.

Gah, 3 still don't have it for sale despite being my previous enquiries and being in their latest leaflet. Very annoying.

Been checking the home page, and their "Top phone" page all day and until 5 minutes, still couldn't find anything. THen, my brother links me to http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_Monthly?intid=topnav which has the phone listed. Seems it's been sneaked it. Will give them a ring tomorrow "wanting to leave" with the aim of getting it on Text 500 on sub £28/month.

I've only had it since lunchtime and haven't even charged it fully yet, so I couldn't accurately comment at the moment. If reviews/user reports are anything to go by, its nearly twice as good.

The HD video recording is much, much better. I'd go as far as to say its better than the iPhone 4 and that is way better than the Desire HD was.

The camera is worlds apart from the Desire HD, I found in real world use the DHD camera wasn't really up to much in many situations but this thing most definitely is. The image quality is excellent.

Much more usable than the Desire HD screen. It also has special outdoor contrast settings so its even clearer if you want it to be :)

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago for £300, condition was A1. They're worth around £250-300.

Thanks Robbo. Think i might try to sell mine. Its a shame as its a solid phone and ive only ahd it since November. Shame the only place to sell them for good money is ebay. Rip off fess

Back
Top Bottom