****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

O2 AND DHL TAKE THE MICK!!!!!

they gave my phone to someone who i dont even know! i live at number 18 and number 5 is a good walk down the road on the opersite side, i had no calling card, and only found out from online tracking. there is no one in the house and for all i know they could just keep it!

complained to DHL and they said O2 don't want the phones taken back and 'force' DHL to delivery even if the neighbour is down the road!!!!

im fuming been knocking on number 5 on and off for the last hour :(

Make sure you don't tell them it's a phone; just a parcel. Also print out a copy of the "signed for" receipt. Some people will just lie to your face to keep it otherwise.

I had a phone delivered today and just left in the hallway of the building I live in.

From what I can see nobody has signed for it. Also I didn't get any confirmation email from O2 to even say the order was processed so no way to track it.

you could be a naughty boy and stick it on ebay, DHL are a joke, keep walking around to the house the delivered to and no one home... im now out tonight and at a wedding all day, the longer they have it the more likey they are to open and keep :(

So why are people ordering these phones with all the trouble there is with the delivery morons and not just getting them in a store?

And does anyone else's S2 take AGES to charge on USB? mine takes many many hours.

So why are people ordering these phones with all the trouble there is with the delivery morons and not just getting them in a store?

And does anyone else's S2 take AGES to charge on USB? mine takes many many hours.

I've not tried it but things tend to take longer on USB than in the mains, my Kindle takes twice as long for example.

£100 cashback from TCB is why.

I have no idea where mine is, Yodel don't seem to have even bothered to try re-delivering since Wednesday, and their office is closed now. Going to have to phone them early tomorrow and kick off, it's a joke. I unfortunately work in a customer service role and I'd be beaten with a stick if I treated customers like that, but for some reason delivery companies get away with it constantly.

^ Yep but it can make a difference. The cheap usb cable from my Desire adds an hour or so charge time over a better quality one (maybe its just faulty? :p)

I meant it seems to take longer than other smartphones i've charged over USB (connected to PC). I'll try another cable...

The USB cable for this phone is what i hate most about the whole package. It's stupidly short so i cant connect it to the mains and still use the phone while at the PC. Cheap stingy b******s.

Last edited:
I've seen the S2 on the 3 website going for £40 a month on the "one" plan. Interested because a) I want the phone, b) my Mrs is on 3 (using my "old" desire HD) and c) I like the idea of all you can eat...

or can anyone suggest a better alternative?

did anyone else notice that locking/unlocking the screen with the lock button isn't that snappy?

The Samsung lock screen is really quite poor. Its very hit and miss.

Has anyone noticed that sometimes when you wake the phone, you'll very briefly see the homescreen flash up before the lock screen covers it? :confused:

Another Samsung failure :p

There is a delay, I expect the devs will shorten the delay soon enough!

Anyway, my lockscreen > your lockscreen!

sgs-ii_01.jpg

sgs-ii_02.jpg

sgs-ii_06.jpg

khan: you gone back to launcherPro or you still prefer GO? what you use for the lock screen? isn't the currently discharging a waste of space as you should know that? also the good heatlh one as it's unlikely to be in bad health for ages noW or is there a benefit to knowing it? from what i can see it looks like you've managed to get the bat percentage in the notification bar. if so how'd you manage it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom