*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
Have to laugh at this I've just read elsewhere:

"So, if you're likely to put your Galaxy S III in the same pocket as your coins and keys, it might be wise to invest."

Whooo keeps their phone in the same pocket as coins and keys!! :rolleyes:

I have my wallet in one pocket and my phone & keys in the other.
My iPhone 4 has been with my keys, in the same pocket for 2 years now without a single scratch. When my S3 comes in the morning it will get the same treatment. Never needed a cover or case for my iPhone and don't plan on using one for the S3. It adds bulk which is annoying when the phone is big enough already.

CSA

CSA

Associate
my zenis dock is on its way hoorah ! ordered a nillkin last week too but no sign yet so ordered a cheapo clear cover till it arrives # 190685548191

with regard to the zagg invisishield i ordered and fit one to the wifes sensation xe over the weekend, i used a zagg because of the sensations concaved screen,non of the other brands would stick where the glass bevels so tried a invisishield and it worked perfect,suprisingly easy to fit with the liquid applicator and the whole proccess took around 10 minutes

its been fitted for a good few days now , the screen its self does resemble orange peel if you catch it in the right light and obviously doesnt look as good as a smoother screen cover,the finger resistance was quite noticable on the first day but the screen seems to have become smoother over the days since and seems hardly noticable now,i guess putting one on the wifes phone was a good move considering all the junk in her handbag but im not sure i'll fit one to my S3 due to that orange peel effect on the screen

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered a Zenis dock as well, cancelled my offical samsung one as this was a lot cheaper!

Got a nice e-mail from the company stating it will take 7 - 14 business days but may be delayed due to international situations (for example, customs clearance, airplane accident, disasters etc..) :p

CSA

CSA

Associate
my nillkin cover has arrived,im now wondering if i should have got a contrasting colour instead :D

DSCF3208.jpg

DSCF3211.jpg

DSCF3214.jpg

I like the cover but concerned that the top and bottom are not protected and if i drop it i reckon it will land on anywhere that isnt covered :(

the cheapo clear case arrived too, while this protects the phone all around it looks no where near as good as the nillkin tbh

Soldato
my nillkin cover has arrived,im now wondering if i should have got a contrasting colour instead :D

I like the cover but concerned that the top and bottom are not protected and if i drop it i reckon it will land on anywhere that isnt covered :(

the cheapo clear case arrived too, while this protects the phone all around it looks no where near as good as the nillkin tbh

where you order the nillkin cover from?

Just ordered a cheap cover from Amazon until my fitbag arrives ! Got few small feint scratches near the bottom on the back ! cant really seem them unless you put it under the light

Last edited:

CSA

CSA

Associate
ebay.

to any one thats fitted a screen protector,ive noticed the one supplied with the nillkin covers the two sensors next to the front camera,will this effect them in anyway ? or am i better ordering some with that area removed ?

Soldato
Caporegime
If you want a slim case that covers all sides but doesn't add much weight/bulk then the TPU/diztronic cases seem to be the best.

Associate
Which of the 32gb cards that are knocking about can anyone recommend that I'm best going for, not to bothered about absolutely maximum speed just something resonable for the money.

Also I ordered one of the gray Rock covers for my white S3 but its going to be weeks before it gets here has anyone bought or seen any hardcase's rather than the silicone affairs for less than £20 which in my opinion is a bloody rip off :rolleyes:

Soldato
Which of the 32gb cards that are knocking about can anyone recommend that I'm best going for, not to bothered about absolutely maximum speed just something resonable for the money.

Sandisk are always a pretty safe bet. You get get their 32GB class 6 for around £20 or so now.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Ace Modder got his official white case through tofay from the phones 4 u pre order package

anyone with the same got theirs for their blue phone yet?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Following on from my post in the other thread about the DOA 64GB Sandisk SDXC UHS card, seems Amazon have placed an order for a fresh one to be sent at no extra cost when I submitted the RMA via Collect+ on their site:

We are sorry about the problem you had with the following item(s):

We've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Number:
Delivery Method: First Class
Estimated Delivery Date: Between 11/07/12 and 25/07/12

I'm rather pleased with that! Means I don't have to sit around and wait for them to receive the DOA card first, then process it, then send out a new one.

Man of Honour
OP
Can anyone run me through the differences in the SDXC cards if poss? I see them with the little number "1" on it and some have "UHS" as well as the "1" so I am confused :confused:

http://www.integralmemory.com/faq/what-uhs-1

So the 1 cards use the performance UHS-1 interface (SD Version 3.01) which is capable of up to a maximum read speed of 104 MB/s. They are the fastest and the ones to get.

Back
Top Bottom