*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato

Simply by recycling the joke Robbo achieves a 100% efficiency saving, if any other posters would consider initial posts that could be replied to with Robbo's trusty link we could end the financial crisis and perhaps global warming.

posts along these line might help.

My phone has hard edges and hurts me sooo much any ideas for a case?

I think my black Prada case looks too business any less formal products?

My brother is an Arsenal fan, what could I get him for his birthday?

Sorry Robbo:D

Associate
I need something that will provide more grip on the back battery door so the phone doesn't slip out of my hands when trying to play Wordsearch one-handed on the train lol. I was wondering if there was a Invisible Shield from Zagg for the back as that's what I did for my iPad 2. I don't like its texture for screens, but I love its extra grip for the back.

Or maybe a replacement battery door cover. Don't want to fit a case on the handset though and add more bulk on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need something that will provide more grip on the back battery door so the phone doesn't slip out of my hands when trying to play Wordsearch one-handed on the train lol. I was wondering if there was a Invisible Shield from Zagg for the back as that's what I did for my iPad 2. Or maybe a replacement battery door cover. Don't want to fit a case on the handset though and add more bulk on it.

Try this, big savings at the moment 》 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695024

Soldato
Just ordered the 3 screen protectors from Xtremeguard to qualify for the 75% off.... 3 protectors for about £5 incl shipping.... Anyone else use them?

First time using a screen protector. My Desire was in a flip case so not needed but I only have a TPU case on the S3 to cut down on bulk. Even the Desire was mega bulky with a flip case so the S3 would be a monster :o

Is anyone NOT going to use a screen protector?

Soldato
Just ordered the 3 screen protectors from Xtremeguard to qualify for the 75% off.... 3 protectors for about £5 incl shipping.... Anyone else use them?

First time using a screen protector. My Desire was in a flip case so not needed but I only have a TPU case on the S3 to cut down on bulk. Even the Desire was mega bulky with a flip case so the S3 would be a monster :o

Is anyone NOT going to use a screen protector?

Have never, and nor will i ever use one. No scratches on any of my phone screens i really dont see the need. Just adding something that can potentially look rubbish onto a gorgeous screen :|

Soldato
That's my concern.... I will try one and see how it goes. Concerned about the screen getting scratched as it will not be covered at all. The TPU case sits slightly proud of the screen so it won't sit on the desk but I am worried about it getting scratched in my pocket

Soldato
I dont understand screen protectors. So you use it just in case you make a slight scuff or light scratch on your screen. The tradeoff being your screen looks like cack ALL the time. So in essence you are protecting your screen for the next owner? Does not compute.

Caporegime
I dont understand screen protectors. So you use it just in case you make a slight scuff or light scratch on your screen. The tradeoff being your screen looks like cack ALL the time. So in essence you are protecting your screen for the next owner? Does not compute.

They only look cack all the time if you do a cack job of applying it :p Apply it (a decent screen protector) properly and carefully and you don't even notice that it is on the screen.

I have one on my S, just the official HTC one and I notice no difference whatsoever in the screen quality for sharpness, colours etc. The only difference is it doesn't feel as nice to touch obviously and it picks up more greasy marks and fingerprints easily and all of my family/friends don't even notice the difference between the screen protector being applied and just a "naked" screen, can see my mini review of the HTC screen protector with photos trying to show how good it is:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1071937-htc-one-s/page__st__15__p__594864701#entry594864701

If it weren't for the cut out for the proximity sensor and the 2 air bubbles on the top left (which I could probably get rid of if I reapplied it), you honestly would not be able to tell the difference at all.

I personally rather have a £3 piece of plastic get scratched than the actual screen of a device costing £400 and to replace the screen it will probably cost about £60 at the very minimum not including postage etc.

It is all very well seeing these youtube videos where people take big knifes and keys to the screen and to try and show how tough the glass is and that there is no need for screen protectors, however, it isn't coins, keys etc. that you should be worried about, it is grid and sand, sand is in more places than you would think ;) and the problem is that these are harder than the glass itself and this is the cause of scratches on gorilla glass. It only takes one tiny piece of grid/sand to ruin the screen. There are a lot of posts about this "naked screen" VS screen protector, the people who are against SP's saying something along the lines of, "have had my device for 2 years and not exactly careful with it and the screen is mark free" etc. and the other side goes like this "have had scratches come out of nowhere, even when I am extremely careful and it doesn't go in any of my pockets with coins and keys etc. as well" etc.

Just to show a couple of scenarios where gorilla glass has been scratched badly:

http://lowtek.ca/roo/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IMG_2371.jpg

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129

Caporegime
So what are the decent screen protectors which fit the SG3 properly then please?

I'd like to know this as well

I have no idea for the GS 3 as I don't own it :p

They will all be pretty much the same at the end of the day. Don't think it will matter, which ones you go for as they will only look good if applied properly anyway.

From reading through this thread, most people seem to be buying just standard £3 packs of 5 or something on ebay, which seem to be good according to them.

If you search for the below on the rainforest site, they seem to be popular and pretty decent:

Kolay 10 Pack Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII

Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover, 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin

Plus they are dirt cheap! So even if they are cack in the end, it's not like you wasted a ton of money :p

Just remember to apply them under these conditions!:

The best way to apply screen protectors is after you or someone else has had a nice long hot shower and kept the door closed as the steam works wonders with dust :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom