*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Desktop Cradle with 2nd battery slot

Not out yet, but looks good. No prongs on the usb and removable insert for cases.

Mugan cradle

4101x.jpg

1291q.jpg

2301h.jpg

3251.jpg

541y.jpg

--------------

Looks like they're doing one with HDMI output as well.

HDMI

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have the S2 version of the KIDIGI, a good dock especially as it charges a spare battery at the same time. Unless I request one to check out, I'll just stick with the Zenis docks.

Amazon now have the 64GB SDXC U1 cards in stock, mine shipped last night to be delivered today.

Last edited:
Permabanned
mrk - got your 64GB card yet?

Mine was despatched yesterday.

I had a couple of sandisk 64gb cards - 1 Packed in after I installed a new Kernel. Awaiting a replacement.

I got another & I put it in to PC & it wouldn't transfer files - I put it in to S3 & it wouldn't format it just said it was blank. I put it back in to pc & it was only showing as a 32mb card :eek:.

That's going back too.

Both were sandisk - I have never liked sandisk & this rubbish reaffirms my dislike.

Gimme a Lexar any day.

Hope you guys have better look but to me their pants

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I had a couple of sandisk 64gb cards - 1 Packed in after I installed a new Kernel. Awaiting a replacement.

I got another & I put it in to PC & it wouldn't transfer files - I put it in to S3 & it wouldn't format it just said it was blank. I put it back in to pc & it was only showing as a 32mb card :eek:.

That's going back too.

Both were sandisk - I have never liked sandisk & this rubbish reaffirms my dislike.

Gimme a Lexar any day.

Hope you guys have better look but to me their pants

This is my 2nd one because the first was doa!

Soldato
Received the Zenis dock today for my wifes S3. The S3 clicks in and out quite easily, and for the price it looks very good. Anyone find a similar one in black for my Galaxy Note? :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No 64GB card today, maybe tomorrow...

Something else did arrive today though, the Cellular Line Grip pad from mobilefun

grippad_1.jpg

I got this in to test if it would hold the S3 with a case attached and I got my answer.

YesNo.

Yes because it will hold the phone with the ROCK case and protect against slip from horizontal slip but go over a bump at speed and you will probably find the phone bouncing off somewhere!

The grip is rather epic when a case isn't used though, on anything that has a shiny surface it will grip like nobodies business.

My dash is matte and I found the pad to stick acceptably, not amazing as I can see it working loose over time and it can be peeled off quite easily. Non matte dashboards will see it sticking with brutal force though. Basically any shiny or smoother surface and it's a winner.

I would not use it regularly with a case like the ROCK attached to the phone because of the lack of adhesive grip on such cases, only use with shiny cases or caseless. It's perfect for holding pens/key fobs and whatnot though.

Some other pics:

grippad_2.jpg

grippad_3.jpg

grippad_4.jpg

I then rinsed it under the water to remove some lint and placed it on the tabletop for a few seconds....went to pull it away and...
grippad_5.jpg

Looks like I've made myself a re-varnishing job for the weekend... :/

For £8, it's pretty decent, you don't even need the whole pad to grip a phone, just half is enough so could cut it in 2 and use one half elsewhere around the car or home for non slip items.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have the exomount too, it's nicely designed but because it's made of plastic, not reinforced, it tends to judder around if used with a large screen smartphone phone like the S2 and up. It's not a problem unless you're using satnav and trying to read a direction as the juddering becomes an annoyance.

Associate
Received my Zenis dock today. Took 8 days from when I ordered so not too bad. Great accessory for £7. Fits in nice and tight. Hopefully the USB connect will hold out because I've always been skeptical with docks overall with a tiny connector like micro USB.

Back
Top Bottom