*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
That's quite nice, it looks good and provides some actual protection.

Oh yes the case provides good all round protection.

There's buttons on the side of the case that go over the volume and power on / off which gives easy access, unlike some cases which end up fiddly when they cover the volume rocker and power switch.

Best of all the rear of the case gives total protection around the camera, flash and speaker area unlike some TPU cases which have gaps cut out areas allowing for dust and dirt to sneak in and mark the rear of the phone.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

I had several SGP cases for my S2 and they were very durable and protected the phone nicely. I can say that this case does the same for the S3 and it does look nice too!

Apparently you can swap out the bumper that goes around the TPU shell for other colours.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What bumper section colours are available? I like the look of that actually!

Don't know if I can get away from the feel of the Rock case though :p

Associate
Could anyone recommend a good flip style case for the S3? (Preferrably flip from the top rather than the side as I usually hold the phone in the left hand despite being right handed :p)

Deciding wether to get the walnutt bumper case or a flip style case in hopes that it will protect the screen if dropped. (God forbid :( )

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Blasphemy!

Anyways...

I received the Power Bank today, well I actually received it some weeks ago but the first one was faulty (poasted about it in this thread):

powerbank_attached.jpg

It's sold by mobilefun, I don't know who manufactures it but it's high quality in build, if it had a Samsung logo on the back then it could otherwise be an official product. It does come in white too :)

How does it work?
Initially I thought it would daisy chain alongside the built in battery and give 4400mAh of power but having now fully tested it, it acts like a normal power source (seen as a USB source by the phone as it outputs at 500mA).

The idea is that you would have the bank charged up beforehand and switch the bank on when your phone's battery is low and it will begin charging. Technically you could leave it switched on at all times so as soon as the phone battery drops, it charges back up immediately again but the bottom row light lights on the bank remain active while it is on, I imagine this will drain some of the battery in the bank too so best off using it once the phone's battery gets low.

The bank can also be switched on and off at any time while attached to the phone. The LED on the bank flashes while charging the phone and the number of active LEDs decreases as the charge from the bank transfers to the phone:
powerbank.gif

Does it add bulk?
Yes! It's 15.5mm thick so adds some bulk to the S3. It's not unacceptably bulky though and you could use it as a full time case as well as it allows full use of all ports on the phone and has a convenient kickstand. It weighs 81 grams.

How useful is it really? It's quite expensive afterall...
It is quite pricey but for many people it's a small price to pay to be able to get power to the phone when a standard power source is not available and you're running low on battery juice.

Extra Pictures

powerbank_boxed.jpg

powerbank_thickness.jpg

powerbank_stand.jpg

powerbank_front.jpg

powerbank_rear.jpg

Caporegime
Finally bought the white version of this cover to match the rest of the phone. I think it looks pretty awesome. Fits great just like the original as well.

fsR2d.jpg

117sq.jpg

DGFEk.jpg

The colour of the metal matches the bezel perfectly (excuse the terrible pictures).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It works exactly as described :p Or if you were after marks out of 10 I'd give it a 7.5. A few marks lost for the additional bulk and not being a daisy chained battery source and for the first one being faulty.

Are you reviewing for them?

Indeed, shortly starting camera gear for another company too.

As a side note, I'm giving away the official S3 stylus to a lucky member here.

Whoever claims it gets it :p

Caporegime
Is that lovecases.co.Uk ;)

Got asked to review items for them as well but I don't have any proper camera equipment so couldn't really do the reviews :( :o

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I wouldn't have thought so, I would otherwise have posted google search results, in which case the first result or two are on their pages anyway and it's not against the rules to mention mobilefun either :)

I see it this way, I review for them, then give away some accessories to people in this thread later on. Everybody wins!

Back
Top Bottom