*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Caporegime
It works exactly as described :p Or if you were after marks out of 10 I'd give it a 7.5. A few marks lost for the additional bulk and not being a daisy chained battery source and for the first one being faulty.

Indeed, shortly starting camera gear for another company too.

As a side note, I'm giving away the official S3 stylus to a lucky member here.

Whoever claims it gets it :p

Can I claim it please? Pretty please?

Soldato
Does it add bulk?
Yes! It's 15.5mm thick so adds some bulk to the S3. It's not unacceptably bulky though and you could use it as a full time case as well as it allows full use of all ports on the phone and has a convenient kickstand. It weighs 81 grams.

How useful is it really? It's quite expensive afterall...

It is quite pricey but for many people it's a small price to pay to be able to get power to the phone when a standard power source is not available and you're running low on battery juice.
15.5mm thick is much thicker then the actual phone is (8.6mm) :eek:

Surely it be much better to just have a spare battery for your S3 instead of having all that bulk attached to your S3...

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Surely it be much better to just have a spare battery for your S3 instead of having all that bulk attached to your S3...

I thought of this and should have mentioned it but, the more you open and close the back cover of the S3 you will notice that where it flexes there are crease marks in the hyperglaze layer. It's not obvious until you look at it in direct lighting from an angle but I can imagine the creases getting bigger over time with repeated cover removals.

The crease marks are most obvious around the camera hole area of the back cover.

Besides, it's extra faff. 99% of people here know how much I dislike faff ;)

Soldato
Getting an S3 on Friday. I'm looking for a decent not too bulky case and a decent screen protector.

Also for my S2 I have the generic Nokia phone holder, it's been the best holder I've had but the S3 will never fit, is there a larger alternative?

Thanks

Soldato
You sure it won't fit :p :

samsung-veh-mount_comp-nokiacr115.jpg

Just need to cut down the pads like mrk did above.

Soldato
What bumper section colours are available? I like the look of that actually!

Don't know if I can get away from the feel of the Rock case though :p

@mrk, there's a choice of four colours:

Sparkling Blue (which is what I have)
Dazzling Orange
Shining Grass
Lightning Yellow

s3_flip_0014_lumi.jpg

The case is available at Rainforest Spigen SGP store

I love the look of the Rock case too it looks great especially against the Pebble Blue S3

Associate
@mrk, there's a choice of four colours:

Sparkling Blue (which is what I have)
Dazzling Orange
Shining Grass
Lightning Yellow

s3_flip_0014_lumi.jpg

The case is available at Rainforest Spigen SGP store

I love the look of the Rock case too it looks great especially against the Pebble Blue S3

Does the bumper on this case raise the same amount as the walnutt bumper case for the S3?

Soldato
I thought of this and should have mentioned it but, the more you open and close the back cover of the S3 you will notice that where it flexes there are crease marks in the hyperglaze layer. It's not obvious until you look at it in direct lighting from an angle but I can imagine the creases getting bigger over time with repeated cover removals.

The crease marks are most obvious around the camera hole area of the back cover.

Besides, it's extra faff. 99% of people here know how much I dislike faff ;)

Mild OCD :p

Soldato
Ordered this a couple weeks ago before buying a rock case, has shown up today. It's quite nice, significantly improves the feel of the phone, but unfortunately changes the dimensions slightly too much and it wont fit in the rock case :( Ah well, not bad for a quid inc postage from honk kong

3e101f57.jpg

cac019be.jpg

624a9aee.jpg

Soldato
Still not BRILLIANT, but better, 52% now after 7.5 hours unplugged, no phone calls and say an hour of web browsing.

Was dead by now at the wedding with 20 minutes of browsing!

Caporegime
Still not BRILLIANT, but better, 52% now after 7.5 hours unplugged, no phone calls and say an hour of web browsing.

Was dead by now at the wedding with 20 minutes of browsing!

Something is using yours up still though. I had mine on for 24 hours, made some calls, browsed, shot some videos, took 50 pics, several texts, a little bit of browsing and I think I was on 69%.

Most of the wedding was on 100% brightness so I could see the screen in the sun.

Have you checked to see what's eating your battery up?

Soldato
It is mainly saying screen and then cell standby. 24 hours and still on 69% seems way too high?! I would be happy to get to 12.hours on 69%.

Fwiw I have screen set to auto

Back
Top Bottom