Soldato
@mrk, there's a choice of four colours:

Sparkling Blue (which is what I have)
Dazzling Orange
Shining Grass
Lightning Yellow

s3_flip_0014_lumi.jpg

The case is available at Rainforest Spigen SGP store

I love the look of the Rock case too it looks great especially against the Pebble Blue S3

A friend sent me one of these to review (which I'll do when I get my S3 back) but I found it was so tight it held the power button down and reset the phone! Do you not find this?

Soldato
A friend sent me one of these to review (which I'll do when I get my S3 back) but I found it was so tight it held the power button down and reset the phone! Do you not find this?

No Mate, granted the first couple of weeks both the area covering the volume and power button were sensitive, the slightest of touch would turn the phone off, but after while I think the case "gives" and I haven't had any problems since then.

It was an annoying issue to begin with and other people have complained about it too, so much so that SGP have apparently modified the design and it's no longer an issue.

Soldato
I've gone through three of these things now and I can only assume they are a cheap ripoff of the otherwise excellent ExoMount.

The plastic is so thin that it flexes under the slightest pressure and the 'dial' to tighten the grip on the ball-socket is useless. At best your phone bounces around when on anything other than glass-smooth tarmac and at worst the mount droops under the slightest load, leaving you having to constantly bring the damn thing back up to your eye-line.

Shame really, given that the suction mount itself is utterly sublime.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good car holder for the s3 ?

I have a ford focus , not sure if a vent mount is best or a suction cup , as I dont want the phone to high up near window , there are so many to choose so have no clue which ones are good.

*the phone will have a rock case so needs to fit that as well.

cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, a good one that allows a case too? You may be asking for too much tbh. Until you said case, I was going to say get a Brodit. They are custom made for your phone and your car (come in two parts) and are still the best mounts I've seen anyway.

One that allows a case means it's not going to be custom but will be a universal holder, so probably not that great imo.

Soldato
Hmm, a good one that allows a case too? You may be asking for too much tbh. Until you said case, I was going to say get a Brodit. They are custom made for your phone and your car (come in two parts) and are still the best mounts I've seen anyway.

One that allows a case means it's not going to be custom but will be a universal holder, so probably not that great imo.

thanks I like the look of the brodit pro clips and mount , where can it be bought in the uk?

Only problem I see with it is like you say with cases it might be a problem?

Soldato
hi

A few more questions about accessories to get.

I'm looking for some screen protectors for the S3?

Also is a Rock quicksand case at £15 a good price? , mobilefun seem to stock them which I take would be the genuine product.

Finally the mains charger that comes in the box can this be used as a car charger also , as I have a USB connection in my car so am thinking I can charge it from that?

cheers

Soldato
Speigen Curved Crystal.... it's brilliant, almost invisible and feels really nice too.

I'm using it with the Rock Quicksand and it's a great combo... the Rock doesn't interfere with the screen protector so it won't start feeling when you take the phone out of the Rock case, etc...

And yes, the mains is just a USB plug with a detachable cable so it will plug into your car, however charging will be slower from a standard USB slot.

Back
Top Bottom