*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
Is the call quality on the S3 good? I'm looking to replace my One S due to the pants call quality (second handset).

Does anyone know if it's better than the One X?

Is the wifi performance good? My One S only has one bar and drops out at my desktop whereas my laptop never drops out from the same location.

I bought a One X when it came out and recently broke it by jumping into a pool while drunk, like a moron. Anyway, insurance paid out and I decided to mix it up by going for an S3, and I can say:

- Call quality is definitely better, or at least, the call speaker is better on the S3.
- Wifi performance is stellar, I can't say I've noticed a difference from my One X but I never had an issue with that anyway.
- It doesn't feel as nice as my One X did, feels more "plasticky", but that's due to the lack of a unibody case (which is a plus, because I reckon I could have saved my One X if I'd been able to get the battery out after getting it wet).
- I originally preferred the looks of the One X, but the S3 is growing on me, I love the brushed metal effect behind the front glass. Don't like the back, but you don't see that anyway.
- I prefer the touchwiz interface to htc sense, it's just a lot more consistent and modern looking, sense seems a bit too much in-your-face. I preferred the fact that htc didn't slap me with their own bloatware like samsung do a little bit, BUT some of the samsung stuff seems like it could be useful, and there's nothing mandatory, so I can deal.
- As far as build quality and such, I can't comment, I've only had the S3 since saturday, but it seems on par with the One X.
- Love the fact I can put an SD card in it. It didn't bother me when I had my One X, because I have a separate MP3 player, and I don't really store anything on my phone, but today, I'd forgotten to charge my MP3 player, so I just whipped out the SD card and put it in my S3 and carried on listening, which was real nice. So expandable storage is a plus, not to mention if my battery dies I can just get another.
- Also, looking forward to inductive charging when it's released. The fact that the S3 is a more common phone than the One X is great because it means there's a greater range of accessories. I would have liked some POGO pins (those four recesses with metal dots in) on the back like the One X, so you can get docks that you can just drop the phone into, but meh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for the linky Imf, ordered :cool:

they sent one to me and after 3 weeks i had nothing, so emailed them saying i have not received it, they said according to tracking (not a signature one though!) its been delivered but no one at home had seen it

so they sent another one out to me which arrived in about 4 days i think it was.

very nice, covers full phone and seems like its same colour as the pebble blue too

im alternating between the Rock and the Diztronic

i can recommend them both :)

Soldato
I prefer the Protec one from MobileFun. Wee but more pricey but there is no cutouts for the side buttons (slightly raised sections that you can press in instead) meaning it is one solid bit of TPU so nothing can damage the buttons or get caught in the gaps.

twe

twe

Associate
Is the call quality on the S3 good? I'm looking to replace my One S due to the pants call quality (second handset).

Does anyone know if it's better than the One X?

Is the wifi performance good? My One S only has one bar and drops out at my desktop whereas my laptop never drops out from the same location.

I have swapped from a One X and the in-call quality is better, loudspeaker is still low though but will try out the hack available, I did purchase Volume+ for the HOX since that was way too low.
GPS on the S3 walks all over the HTC One X. 18 satellite fix quicker than the 9 on the HOX so must be a better chip on it to work with that many in the first place too.
Expandable memory is good.
Software well HTC is better on the Sense side I find but will customise the Samsung and all will be fine after that.
Wifi not tested yet properly but no issues so far.

Soldato
My Quicksand dark Grey Rock case arrived today

Love it, nice and thin, feels like the phone won't slip out of my hand, would imagine its hard wearing and will last a good while I'm not heavy handed with my phones so I think it will be fine

All in all I really like it

Mart

Soldato
Guys

I have noticed that any old micro USB doesn't fit that well on the S3 can anyone recommend some good value wall chargers for these handsets, I like to have one at work and a couple dotted around at home

Thanks

Associate
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if I can purchase the S3 adapter for the Zenis dock on its own? Dont think mine came with one when I ordered it for the S2 and not keen on waiting to receive a new dock from Hong Kong!!!!

Cheers,

BA

Associate
Ordered this a couple weeks ago before buying a rock case, has shown up today. It's quite nice, significantly improves the feel of the phone, but unfortunately changes the dimensions slightly too much and it wont fit in the rock case :( Ah well, not bad for a quid inc postage from honk kong

3e101f57.jpg

cac019be.jpg

624a9aee.jpg

Does this have any grip ie not slippery? also seen a graphite looking back somewhere, any ideas on similar and where to get above?

Soldato
Can someone recommend me a decent case for the S3. I used to have a clear silicon one for my Desire HD that was good at absorbing bumps. Would prefer something similar thats equally as tough.

Plus, which screen protectors are you using? Need to buy a few.

Back
Top Bottom