***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I think the most important thing in this is increased battery life. Sod shaving 2mm off the thickness - stick a larger capacity battery in!

In fact I am due to upgrade from my Galaxy S II in April - I am undecided if I should go with the next iPhone or the next Android superphone. At the moment, battery life is looking like a big decision maker.

Last edited:
I think the most important thing in this is increased battery life. Sod shaving 2mm off the thickness - stick a larger capacity battery in!

In fact I am due to upgrade from my Galaxy S II in April - I am undecided if I should go with the next iPhone or the next Android superphone. At the moment, battery life is looking like a big decision maker.

I agree, battery life should be what every phone company is concentrating on at the moment.

But undoubtably I will get the next best Android based phone.

I hope its not true - rather have bigger battery and a 9mm waistline.

Apparently a lot of Android users couldn't care less about the battery life as they can just line their pockets with batteries and swap them out all day long.

I certainly don't like doing that though.

Make a phone too thin and it compromises ergonomics - may as well fill that space with extra battery capacity. I don't mind having a sealed battery if its big - ala RAZR Maxx.

Thinner phones are nice, but that also gives people choice. I wouldn't worry too much though, Samsung have stated that they want to improve battery life in this years phones. So hopefully they can find an optimum width and pad the rest with some battery!

Apparently a lot of Android users couldn't care less about the battery life as they can just line their pockets with batteries and swap them out all day long.

I don't know anyone that does this...

I don't know any that do. Where did you get that from?

Em3bbs on here claims that having a replaceable battery means that battery life doesn't matter.

I've seen it mentioned many times at various places though, and it's normally used as a get-out clause as the iPhone battery life tends to be better.

It's just something I've observed. :p

Strange observation since I've never seen that :p

I've seen people mention having a spare battery in the car/backpack or whatever which is perfectly fine.

Going to be an interesting phone for sure but the Razr Maxx has surely set the bar for the combination of slimness and mega-battery life - I hope the Maxx flies off the shelves to be honest to give the rest of the manufacturers a kick up the rear - phones that don't even last a day of moderate usage are not cool :p

Back
Top Bottom