***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

May is fine with me, my DHD contract is up for renewal from March and is complete in June.

The only question I'll have is this or the Nexus.

May is fine with me, my DHD contract is up for renewal from March and is complete in June.

The only question I'll have is this or the Nexus.

I'm pretty sure that won't be a question unless you absolutely hate TouchWiz or Samsung underwhelm us all.

be interesting to see how this phone is, i buy sim free and have no contract, but VERY happy with my Galaxy Nexus. Quad core and a less plastic feel to the impressive S2 could make me dive in at launch.

be interesting to see how this phone is, i buy sim free and have no contract, but VERY happy with my Galaxy Nexus. Quad core and a less plastic feel to the impressive S2 could make me dive in at launch.

I think you would have to be a MASSIVE tech/phone geek to want to upgrade to anything from a Nexus. Realisticly its not going to be that much better.

Hoping its out May, desperate for a new phone.

Em3bbs on here claims that having a replaceable battery means that battery life doesn't matter.

I've seen it mentioned many times at various places though, and it's normally used as a get-out clause as the iPhone battery life tends to be better.

It's just something I've observed. :p

I haven't said I "line my pockets with batteries" at all, typical Robbo exaggerating - well let's say outright lies. What I actually said was I have less battery issues with my S2 than I did with my iPhone as my biggest problem with batteries was forgetting to charge it and then having to go out with a phone that will die. Now I always have a spare battery charged on a dock which I can swap if I forget to charge and I'm off out for the day. Although at the moment I have the S2 with two batteries, a Galaxy Nexus and a Note so I don't have any battery problems at all. ;)

I see you're suspended anyway though, silly boy. :p

Last edited:
I haven't said I "line my pockets with batteries" at all, typical Robbo exaggerating - well let's say outright lies. What I actually said was I have less battery issues with my S2 than I did with my iPhone as my biggest problem with batteries was forgetting to charge it and then having to go out with a phone that will die. Now I always have a spare battery charged on a dock which I can swap if I forget to charge and I'm off out for the day. Although at the moment I have the S2 with two batteries, a Galaxy Nexus and a Note so I don't have any battery problems at all. ;)

I see you're suspended anyway though, silly boy. :p

Not anymore. ;)

I was exaggerating your position but it's still a get-out clause used by some due to the iPhone having the best battery life - which it generally does.

Still, if the S3 is really thin, then the battery probably isn't going to be an improvement over current devices.

I can't say that I 'forget' to charge my phone though.

Some people have more varied lives than others. :p

I don't have a set routine, it's rare that I will ever forget to charge but it's very important to me that I have that back up just in case due to my job and also being a parent. I only got stung 5-10 times with my iPhones over the few years of ownership but that was enough.

Last edited:
If it worried you that much, why didn't you get an in-car charger or one of those little charging pack things to keep with you? It isn't much different to a spare battery really.

Still, you're lucky that Android phones have replaceable batteries across the board (generally). It's not like you'd buy an iPhone if it had a replaceable battery, would you? :p

I have a USB/iPhone connection in the car, however I often get the train into London (I'm 20 minutes from Paddington).

And why wouldn't I buy an iPhone? I have an iPad, an Apple TV and a Mac Mini. I just find the current iPhone far too small an iOS far too limiting for me on a phone (even when jailbroken). It's fine on the iPad which I basically use as a media hub/kitchen TV though. If an iPhone came out that suited my needs I'd get one straight away but I prefer Android despite having loads of other Apple kit.

UPDATE: Thanks to eagle-eyed readers, such as William Judd, we now know that it's definitely a fake. It's a mock-up released by an individual on the Russian website Vkontakte a while back. Suppose it really was too good to be true.

Just as well, it looks crap. :p

Back
Top Bottom