***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Any way of getting the S3 on 12 month contract for about £30 pm with say 500 mins 100 texts and a decent data bundle

Have a look at Mobiles.co.uk and see if they are still offering the s3, was around £26 per month (£23 inc. cashback) with similar data allowances, though as it was on T-mobile you get a free booster which gives you an option to change one thing to unlimited (unlimited data, texts etc)

iirc it was a 24 month contract though, might be able to sell the phone 12 months in though to pay off the rest of the contract though. :)

Shame they cant use a more advanced OS that would allowing scaling to multiple size screens. :p

:p

ios6_banner2.jpg

lets be honest.. the ppi is similar/higher on iphone than it is on s3.. so in the end its just numbers? you want a hd screen for clarity don't you? so iphone5 is a better screen in this case even tho it is smaller.. :p

No, I want videos to be displayed at the correct resolution. How is the iphone screen better in this regard?

Anyone bought one of these? Shame it doesn't charge the phone, too.

Dock charging thing
Yes i've got that with mine. fantastic little box that i carry around with a fully charged spare battery. Swap the batteries over every now and then and plug it in to charge overnight. (means that i'm not charging the batteries as often, which will hopefully make them last longer) You can get a micro usb splitter that will allow you to charge both the phone and the spare at the same time.

For those that care, i took some photos comparing my S3 and works iphone 4 with a load of other phones we've had over the last 20 years. Quite funny to see how things have been progressing. (the last phone i bought was the bright blue nokia 5130, so the S3 was quite the upgrade)
2_DecadesOfPhones.jpg

2_DecadesOfPhones2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, does anyone use the HyperGalaxy ROM?

I only ask as I'm using it at the moment, and wondered if CM10 is better or not?

I will eventually try it but wondered if someone had any feedback after using both? Don't get me wrong the HG rom is absolutely fantastic, but if there's better out there then I want it!

if there's better out there then I want it!

Depends on your definition of better. If its stable and does everything you want, why change?

All the CM10 roms are great as they are almost native Google with no bloatware. But you will lose all the Samsung features and that great camera.

Only one way to find out for sure, do a backup and flash CM10. But if your flash from Sammy JB to CM10, it will break your Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of better. If its stable and does everything you want, why change?

All the CM10 roms are great as they are almost native Google with no bloatware. But you will lose all the Samsung features and that great camera.

Only one way to find out for sure, do a backup and flash CM10. But if your flash from Sammy JB to CM10, it will break your Wi-Fi.

What's up with the wifi?

The only reason for change is that I like tinkering by nature, though I probably will just stick with I've got - if it ain't broke don't fix it eh?

Back
Top Bottom