***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Thanks that's great.

I read somewhere that Odin does not like Kies so you have to uninstall Kies first ia this right?

I'm new to all this but you need the usb drivers installed from kies, but kies should not be running while odin is.

You can start odin and plug your phone in to make sure the drivers are working correctly first...

I've only had my S3 for a couple of weeks but am loving it so far. Tried CM10 which was really good but there was a couple of features i couldn't live without so decided to flash a stock samsung rom rather than the original O2 one. Will try an official jelly bean in a week or 2 methinks.

Just got an S3 after having iPhones for so long. It's running the Samsung firmware at the moment, should I re-flash it with bog standard Android then update when JB comes out?

I'm wondering what most people run here.

Just got an S3 after having iPhones for so long. It's running the Samsung firmware at the moment, should I re-flash it with bog standard Android then update when JB comes out?

I'm wondering what most people run here.

Jelly Bean was released some time ago.
If you flash to a "original" ROM you'll lose a bunch of features.
Just wait until Samsung release JB.

Wifi Policy Changes Back to 'Always'

I've tried on many occasions to change the wifi policy (settings>wifi>advanced>keep wifi on during sleep) to 'never' but after a small amount of time It'll go back and it'll have changed to 'always' on its own. Is this a known bug and is there a way to fix this as I lose about 20% battery overnight atm.

Anyone else not getting their sgs3 on cm10 to connect to their wifi?

Yeh, had a bit of trouble with that.

The reason is because when you flashed a leaked Sammy Jb firmware, it changed your bootloader version. This has conflicts with CM10 wifi and any rom based on it.

You'll have to do a full wipe, odin flash a stock 4.0.4, turn wifi and nfc on in settings, then full wipe and flash CM10.

Bit of a pain, but it works for me now.

Back
Top Bottom