***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

It's not much of a discovery. Dialer codes to do various things have existed in Android for years. Not just Android actually, almost all phones with a dialpad.

Well, it is, because no other Android handset (or any other device I can think of) has a dialer code to do a factory reset without a user prompt and which can be triggered in the web browser, by JavaScript and even by as simple iFrame.

I am on Wanam 3.5 and its smooth and fast. Ill upgrade to 3.7 later as I see its out.

Can anyone tell me why my old desire used to take 1 or 2 minutes at most to nandroid backup but my s3 takes around 20 minutes?

Someone on XDA has put up a test page to see if your phone is vulnerable. You need to visit this page on a browser on your S3 -

<URL removed due to it being changed, apologies ppl>

Don't worry, he uses the *#06# code to show your IMEI (view the page source on a desktop browser if you want to confirm)

I tried it, didnt do anything more than bring up the dialler window without the number in it. It is possible he screwed it up though and didnt make the page correct.

I am calling shenanigans on the webpage exploit.... Until someone actually tries it anyway. Anyone here who is resetting their phone to put a new ROM on want to try it?

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK BELOW ON AN S3 BROWSER AS YOU MIGHT RESET THE PHONE. TRY AT OWN RISK/TESTING PURPOSES AFTER A NANDROID BACKUP

URL removed

Last edited:
I am on Wanam 3.5 and its smooth and fast. Ill upgrade to 3.7 later as I see its out.

Can anyone tell me why my old desire used to take 1 or 2 minutes at most to nandroid backup but my s3 takes around 20 minutes?

Desire backups are a few hundred MB tops while the S3 is a few GB and many more smaller files to backup.

Someone on XDA has put up a test page to see if your phone is vulnerable. You need to visit this page on a browser on your S3

Don't worry, he uses the *#06# code to show your IMEI (view the page source on a desktop browser if you want to confirm)

I tried it, didnt do anything more than bring up the dialler window without the number in it. It is possible he screwed it up though and didnt make the page correct.

I am calling shenanigans on the webpage exploit.... Until someone actually tries it anyway. Anyone here who is resetting their phone to put a new ROM on want to try it?

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK BELOW ON AN S3 BROWSER AS YOU MIGHT RESET THE PHONE. TRY AT OWN RISK/TESTING PURPOSES AFTER A NANDROID BACKUP

That first link contains the phone wipe code if you check the page source.

Turns out it DOES NOT seem to work on the S3. People are reporting that it works on other Samsung and also HTC phones albeit the code does not reset the HTC phones. All that is needed is for someone to change the webpage to have the HTC code in it though.

Just updated to omega 27 from 26, all seems good :)

It's even got rid of an annoying transparency glitch when switching between home screens.

Don't suppose there's anyway of getting double home press to go to the new google voice rather than S-voice?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom