***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Well done. i9305 is an LTE version of the GS3 also happens to have 2GB of ram. No one cares for your thoughts on 4G.

Sorry, right now, I side on the side of 'it really doesn't matter'. I have a friend getting her first smartphone and I wondered if I should tell her to wait and get the LTE version, no, it really isn't worth it.

Sorry, right now, I side on the side of 'it really doesn't matter'. I have a friend getting her first smartphone and I wondered if I should tell her to wait and get the LTE version, no, it really isn't worth it.

I too am not brothered about 4G for now - 3G is fine in my area. But that wasn't my point - point was i9305 has been made for LTE first and foremost.

2gb ram is pointless too at the moment.

Sure is for the people that can't utilise it.

I've had awful battery life with JB compared to ICS, and this is with less installed/running and less use as well. Might try a clean install.

I did read over on xda that it takes a few battery charges to sort itself out. Dunno how true tho.

Had JB (Omega 27) on for nearly 24 hours and loving it. Only problem I had was Dice player but an uninstall/reinstall and it seems perfect now. Havent tried any games yet but Ill add them slowly and see how they go.

Google Now seems very good, but not sure on the cards, dont know if Ill have a use for them.

Very happy, thanks Sammy :)

*edit* Air Control doesn't work for me :(

Last edited:
Issues with the latest V27 Omega.... After i installed it (full wipe etc) for some reason the only APN in there is for Virgin (I'm on T-mobile)

WanamLite is fine and picks up the right APN.

A bit of googling and is seems a few people have reported the same.

So am on WanamLite now and it seems very similar in terms of performance etc.

just installed omega 27 , still getting stuttering opening gmail , done a full wipe and wipe cache.

people said it was smooth now?

Also facebook messenger wont open, seems to go round in a loop

Last edited:
Then I'm afraid I don't understand your point. LTE is useless, but this phone was made for LTE?

My mate is looking at a S3 as an upgrade from his iPhone 4. He has seen a 9305 version mentioned compared to the 9300, is the only difference 2GB of RAM in the 9305?

My answer was to this question.

And the EE's lte coverage for London seems great - everywhere inside the M25.

Then no wonder you're confusing us, you're swaying about on what you're answering.

You said it has all important LTE support, Crafty said it wasn't important, you said can your regular S3 connect, he said no, there's no need to. You then said it has 2gig RAM an no-one cares about his views on 4G, I said I agree with his views on 4G. He said 2gig is pointless, you agreed, you then said the important thing is it's built for LTE, and now you answer a question to a page ago, before all this but without a new quote or any reference to it.

Then no wonder you're confusing us, you're swaying about on what you're answering.

You said it has all important LTE support, Crafty said it wasn't important, you said can your regular S3 connect, he said no, there's no need to. You then said it has 2gig RAM an no-one cares about his views on 4G, I said I agree with his views on 4G. He said 2gig is pointless, you agreed, you then said the important thing is it's built for LTE, and now you answer a question to a page ago, before all this but without a new quote or any reference to it.

Crafty saw my reply to the original post. You however jumped in without reading it.

and here's the reference: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22841211&postcount=13289

Last edited:
Do you do stuff on your phone which requires broadband like speed that you would use your allowance for? If so, 4G on a phone will be great. If not, HSPA+ will suit you for now until the next round. HSDPA was perhaps the fastest rollout the industry did in terms of tech so I'm hoping there is a repeat of this speed but even so, I don't see 4G being more than a marketing force for the majority of people until 2015 when we see other big changes (death of 2G, re-alloc of this spectrum).

Having problems with the Play Store over the last couple of days, when I go do download something it says they were 'unable to verify my account' and to try in a few minutes... I've reselected my account through the Play Store, I've removed my account and readded it, I've rebooted etc, but it doesn't help...

Is this a problem that anyone else has faced?

For reference, I'm using Criskelo ROM v6.0.1 (4.0.4) with Siyah kernel... No inverted gapps or anything like that, everything else is working fine so it's not a problem with my connection, just the Play Store...

Help? (without factory resetting preferably...)

Having problems with the Play Store over the last couple of days, when I go do download something it says they were 'unable to verify my account' and to try in a few minutes... I've reselected my account through the Play Store, I've removed my account and readded it, I've rebooted etc, but it doesn't help...

Is this a problem that anyone else has faced?

For reference, I'm using Criskelo ROM v6.0.1 (4.0.4) with Siyah kernel... No inverted gapps or anything like that, everything else is working fine so it's not a problem with my connection, just the Play Store...

Help? (without factory resetting preferably...)

I had that on the latest Omega after i did a full wipe and install last night. (also had no APN)

Never got to the bottom of it, so installed WanamLite and all is working.

Back
Top Bottom