***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Received my S3 from Orange today. My god they have filled it with more bloatware than my Desire HD! Also, there isn't even the option to Check For Updates in Settings -> About Phone. Had a quick read and Orange have done this a lot. They've even done the same on my dad's S2 :(

So, it looks like I'm going to have to flash it... I flashed my Desire HD but would be grateful if someone could let me know what the best ROM to use would be. I'd rather someone that has all of the functions working such as the camera, Wi-Fi etc so I imagine a stock Samsung one is the way to go? I see JB isn't quite ready for UK phones yet.

If I was to get this:

I9300XXBLG8 Download (Thanks To SamMobile!)
Base Firmware: I9300XXBLG8 (4.0.4)
Region Europe
Carrier: Unbranded
Build Date: 26 July 2012
Modem: XXLG8
CSC: OXABLG8
Change List: 928452

Would that be the best option until the stock JB ROM comes out?

wanam3.7.jpg

First run with Wanam's 3.7. Very happy with that!

Does anyone know the input/output capacity of the connector at the bottom of the GS3? I.e can you buy connectors for hdmi output etc. I have also pondered the idea of a detachable phone/tablet screen. I think it would be a wicked idea to just slide my GS3 into the back of a tablet screen and use its brains.

I wonder how many phones have some control via the bottom connector, if I invent a tablet with a wire that plugged into any phone, becomes a tablet I'd be rich. Can you patent ideas, even if you have no idea how to make them. lol

Might find it cheaper through google shopping. But I have heard that the S2 version doesn't work in the S3, so watch out for that, if it's true..

Yeah I just read something about Samsung not creating an adapter to make old adapters work, which would seem redundant as they now make the new adapter. Might have to just bite the bullet.

JB Domination 1.3.2 flashed on WanamLite 3.7. All nice!

I chose JB Domination + 15toggles mod without text with brightness slider zip + black background zip.

I'm now at home ROM wise, everything is exactly how it should be :D

My girlfriend just got an SGS3 and it really is so much nicer than the SGS2 I had when my iphone 4s was being a pain and I was going to get rid of it.

I have a couple of quick questions as I've been away from android for a bit.
How do you disable the 'battery charged sound' while keeping on other sounds/well at least making sure the alarm still works. (not sure if mute actually kills the alarm from sounding too)

Also how do you enable notifications on the lock screen?

Back
Top Bottom