***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

If you clicked my link you would see that it is being sold as of today. You may have spoken to someone that didn't know or didn't bother checking.

I checked the link. Did you call? Doesn't sound like it. The woman checked and there nothing on her system about it.

I need to call for the upgrade as I'm on F&F.

Is it possible to reduce your contract so you're paying less per month but get less minutes, texts and no internet? I'm thinking of moving to orange from vodafone and would make the jump now if I can get my payments to vodafone to a reasonable rate

Is it possible to reduce your contract so you're paying less per month but get less minutes, texts and no internet? I'm thinking of moving to orange from vodafone and would make the jump now if I can get my payments to vodafone to a reasonable rate

Also interested in this. Moving to egypt for a few months and my contract would be useless out there..

From a Google Vodafone don't let you do this at all, but you might get lucky if you call them with some excuse like moving abroad or similar, may need to try a few different people.

Most providers used to let you do this fairly freely until people started taking the p by taking out expensive contracts to get a free phone then changing to £5 plans the next month. I know Orange still let you reduce by one level when you're halfway through a contract, don't know about other providers (other than VF).

If I root my stock phone , can I still get OTA updates for Jellybean via settings, about device, software update, update. Thanks.

Kenneth.

PS I have Odin installed , Samsung program? And that can do it via cable. Over the air so far.

Mine doesn't have a software update option?.. Just tells me the version 4.0.4 wonder why?

I would love a LTE version of the S3 simply because of the 2Gb ram and Jellybean out of the box, I'm not fussed about 4G speeds.

However I don't want a T Mobile locked phone which is also going to be at the mercy of Network Operators when it comes to updates, I would go for the sim free option which sadly isn't available yet.

I've fired off an email to Clove asking if they plan to get sim free versions of the S3 in the near future. I'll let you all know what they say when Clove get back to me.

T-Mobile does (or at least used to do) a Holiday Mode type thing where you could reduce your line rental to something low like £5 a month but it gave you no allowance and was for a min of 3 months IIRC. This was for people that were going away for a few months but wanted to keep the line active so they could get it back when they came back... I think you had to be out of contract tho. Not sure if they still do it.

I would phone Voda and ask them.

Not much help but thought I would post it for people that are in this situation whilst I remembered

Mine doesn't have a software update option?.. Just tells me the version 4.0.4 wonder why?

Only network unlocked phones have this. The networks removed it.

Dropped my S3 today from 4ft onto the concrete floor...I didn't want to turn it over but when I did to my amazement there was no marks on the front or back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom