***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Has anyone actually heard a date for jb in the UK?

Does anyone know the scale Samsung used when they said 'soon' ? I mean if your thinking of the hundred years war 'soon' is a few years, but for a sperm its a an hour at most.

I just wondered because someone must know when it's coming out, so what's so difficult in telling us?

Sorted out the free £50 Quick Tap on four S3's, right pain because all have custom ROMS on and the new SIM cards didn't indicate which number they were for and took ages to activate.
If you have an Orange S3 it's worth doing but HURRY as the offer ends at 23:59 on the 5th.

Call Orange CS and ask for a Quick Tap SIM (sent first class), Register SIM
Nandroid Backup
I9300ORABLG1 ROM w/Odin in PDA
Reset+Wipe in Recovery
Install Quick Tap Wallet from Play Store
Set it up over mobile data which installs Payments application
Register in the app
CF-Root w/Odin in PDA
Backup app+data for Quick Tap Wallet and Payments w/TB
Restore Nandroid Backup
Restore Quick Tap Wallet and Payments apps+data w/TB

Enjoy free sausage rolls.

Surely thats only if you have a custom ROM no? it CANT be that difficult if you are running stock?

Has anyone actually heard a date for jb in the UK?

Does anyone know the scale Samsung used when they said 'soon' ? I mean if your thinking of the hundred years war 'soon' is a few years, but for a sperm its a an hour at most.

I just wondered because someone must know when it's coming out, so what's so difficult in telling us?

It will be this month and that is as good as you will get out of Samsung. So I’m afraid that patience is the name of the game.

for me wanamlie 3.7 seems to lag now and again, it just doesnt seem right and that was installing it after FULL wipe

gone back to Wanamlite ICS now seems better

will wait for uk final release of JB :)

Same here, all the JB ROMs I tried started lagging - especially when using siyah kernel, that's a right PITA lol but I just couldn't get the fluidity and overall performance that I had with the stock ROM, so I've gone back to that :)

A question though, I'm adding an event to my google calendar, but it's not showing in my Smooth Calendar widget - I've tried refreshing the widget, I've un/reinstalled it but it's not showing it - it's showing other items in my google calendar, but not that one! Anyone had similar?

I even tried Simple Calendar and that wasn't showing that particular item either!

It shows in SPlanner and in pure grid calendar, but just not the widgets I want it to show in! lol

Any ideas?

If I root my stock phone , can I still get OTA updates for Jellybean via settings, about device, software update, update. Thanks.

Kenneth.

PS I have Odin installed , Samsung program? And that can do it via cable. Over the air so far.

Last edited:
Emails on GSIII

Hi Guys,

Quick question on the SIII, I am looking at making the jump from an iPhone and one of the things I do like on it, which I didn't like on the HTC One X when I saw it, is that the emails on the iPhone are displayed zoomed out and pictures all downloaded.

On the One X you could set it to download images but HTML emails tended to be huge and you couldn't zoom out so you would have this huge looking email which you had to move around your screen to see it all.

I know this is quite trivial in a sense but would be good to know if the S3 is the same...

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Quick question on the SIII, I am looking at making the jump from an iPhone and one of the things I do like on it, which I didn't like on the HTC One X when I saw it, is that the emails on the iPhone are displayed zoomed out and pictures all downloaded.

On the One X you could set it to download images but HTML emails tended to be huge and you couldn't zoom out so you would have this huge looking email which you had to move around your screen to see it all.

I know this is quite trivial in a sense but would be good to know if the S3 is the same...

Thanks

Yeah s3 is the same I think. Just moved from my iphone and the email app is awful compared to the ios one :( love everything else though!

... and the email app is awful...

Fixed that for you.

It has certain features that eclipse the iOS email offering, but has the most retarded organisational method/UI that I have ever seen. I used to have an iPhone and thought it was bad but functional. The S3's mail app is just stupid, in fact I haven't found a single 3rd party android mail app that isn't as stupid in it's design as well.

And don't get me started on Gmail, I can't stand that either.

EDIT: Just a note though, I like everything else about it apart from the logging on the phone app (I don't need SMS logs in there thank you, actually I don't need SMS logs - And before you say you can switch it to just show calls you can yes, but it forgets and defaults back to showing everything)

Last edited:
I think I have tested just about every one, and they are virtually all the same.

I have just stuck with the stock one because although it might be terrible, at least it's in keeping looks wise. The other ones work and look like crap.

Back
Top Bottom