***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No, kernels can also add feature support. In the S3's case, Siyah and the like have NTFS modules so you can attach USB drives formatted with NTFS and use them.

Soldato
Ahh ok. But that's it? Those 3 things? edit - I see it changes audio as well so possibly quite a few things then.

mrk - are you running Domination on a JB Rom? any bugs on domination?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
There are more tweaks and changes, the Siyah site lists all changes on each new version. Siyah seems to update modules and scripts and adding/removing and then going back to previous modules and so on. In the real world I noticed no difference based on my usage so just use stock.

The audio enhancements are nice but since getting decent IEMs and PowerAMP I've not bothered with needing audio enhancements.

^^ I'm using JB Domination on WanamLite 3.7 yeah.

Soldato
OK so my 4G lte S3 will be here with me tomorrow -WOOT!

I hope its the same process to root and theme as the Vanilla S3.

See this is what I don't get. How can Samsung release the 9305 with JB yet the 9300 JB is not out yet?

Surely they are the same setup minus the LTE and, if networks have them for despatch now, JB for 9300 should be out unless Samsung can teleport the 9305's to the networks instantly :rolleyes:

I just don't get it....

Caporegime
It is just how businesses work unfortunately. It is another reason for people to buy it instead of the normal GS 3. Same with HTC and their one x+ and the x. No reason why they couldn't start sending the update to the x.

Just a marketing ploy.

Soldato
Could someone please help me?

I updated to latest CM10 nightly yesterday and for some reason my NANDROID backup didn't work. I have no problems with the ROM, other than that if I buy an app on the website, it doesn't automatically send it to my phone.

I've tried clearing cache and data, can anyone else suggest something?

Associate
Currently on Wanamlite JB rom and I need to get back to stock orange ICS. I've downloaded the stock orange firmware from samsfirmware. Is it as simple as selecting it in odin as pda and flashing it?

Soldato
Yeah it really is that simple :) I did the same with my stock 3 firmware.

Make sure you have anything you need from your internal storage backed up though as it WILL wipe your internal storage (any external cards will be untouched however)

iMacMart: You'll be able to update via Kies I think, but the OTA won't work as the system will be 'modified'

If for some reason Kies doesn't work, flash stock via Odin first then you'll be able to do it via Kies or OTA :) whichever is easier for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not worth the cost of doing so unless you can get it for free would be my opinion. You'd also have to live in the area of coverage for it to be worth it (although I have HUGE doubts about total inner M25 coverage, this is a fairly tall ask).

Back
Top Bottom