***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Man of Honour
Legally all phone contracts have a 14day cooling off period IIRC I'm not sure what the restrictions on it are though such as if you're allowed to have used the phone etc.

Soldato
So is anyone thinnkng to change their normal S3 for the LTE version?

I have only had mine for 2 weeks can't change it now I don't think from Orange
I'm very much in two minds about waiting for the LTE or not:

On one hand LTE is not available in Brazil until 2013 and will probably way out of my price range in terms of contracts.

on the other hand 2GB Ram is rather appealing.

I guess it comes down to when it is available and if I haven't already got an s3 by the time it's released...

Any one know the International release dates for the Quad-core LTE S3 ?:o:p

Associate
I am on contract but they said we only give you a 7 days cooling off period where if you don't like the phone you can change it for somtihng else.

After 7 days they will only give you a like for like replacement the next day and thats because i have the insurance with them and thats like for like.

If you don't have insurance you have to send the phone off yourself and wait for them to receive and only then they will replace it if there is a problem.

So it's not looking good.

When I upgraed last time they gave me 7 days as well it says on the onvoice that comes with the phone. I don't know why oter netwroks give you the full 14 days and Orange don't.

So I guess I'm sticking with this phone. He also said they are not shipping any 4G SIM cards as of yet and do not know when they will have them so LTE is pretty useless for now anyway.

Soldato
Does anyone have a problem with Swype? I'm not sure if it's a Swype problem, or a Korean SGS3 problem, but can't be the only one suffering!
(does it happen on International versions too?)

Symptoms:
  • When swyping in words SMS or Kakao talk or similar the screen doesn't keep scrolling down to the next line but holds at the top so you have to type out the half of the sentence you can't see blind
  • When deleting words, so say multiple presses of delete, the cursor will delete the last 2-3 characters then skip back right to the start of the text box for no reason.
  • Auto capitalisation doesn't work sometimes.
  • Other times it will go completely unexplainably mental!
All of the above happens randomly though, sometimes it can be fine

Soldato
No problems like that on mine running the latest swype beta.

Should say I know it is a beta (might be worth seeing if I have the latest) but I'm sure these errors are getting more and more frequent :(

Ohhh slightly newer version is out to update to (for me)

Last edited:
Soldato
The delete thing happens on the latest beta too, I can make it appear fairly easy by moving the cursor about in text entry fields and then deleting letters is pot luck. I can also make "," turn into ".com" because the keyboard gets confused and puts the standard char map up but thinks I'm using the web-address char map and displays those results instead.

Back
Top Bottom