***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Associate
I had a strange battery issue during the week...
In the morning I took the phone off charge and used it as normal, this included playing music in the car via bluetooth.

That evening I noticed the red LED was flashing for low battery - odd, given that I generally get 2 days + out of the battery.

So I picked and it was down to 15%, I look at the battery usage and it shows pretty linear (but severe) battery usage from the moment it came off charge, so from the moment it came off charge its been chewing battery at a high rate.

I also notice the phone is bitching about the memory card being corrupt and refuses to mount it. I hadn't unmounted it but it was obviously working on the way home from work as it is where all the music is stored. Refuses to remount whatever I do - remount, restart etc.
Take the card and put it in my laptop, windows decides the card is broken and it can fix it, which it does and I can see all the music etc on the card. Phone still wont mount it.

Charge the phone overnight and since then its been fine with regards to battery use. In the end I reformatted the card and put all my music etc back on it. Working fine, no problems.

I guess the two issues were related in some way, but neither have reoccurred in the last 3 days or so. I hadn't changed any software immediately before or after the problems.
The only thing I can remember is last week I plugged in a flash drive via an OTG cable, but this was like 2 days before so if that did cause an issue how come it look that long to go screwy ?

When I'm feeling brave I guess I'll try it again and see if the problems are repeated..

Soldato
I trying the Polish release again and did a full wipe this time and its been fine so far 4 days in, I do use Apex launcher but I have no issues its fast and responsive.

Back
Top Bottom