***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
2 days out of your battery?

Depends how you use it.

I am sitting at 1 day 21 hours 20 mins as of now and I have 54% battery left. I have hardly used my phone in this time and has been in Deep Sleep for 42 hours 20 mins of that time.

Effectively I could get 4 full days at this usage.... This is good as I am away all weekend (Sat/Sun) and I won't need to pack my charger :D

The phone is tremendous at power usage.

Soldato
It also depends on network reception, if I leave my phone on the kitchen cupboard all day (as I did before when I left it at home!) it'll still chew through 80% of battery just doing nothing as it's constantly fighting for a steady signal - my area is carp for reception as network signal doesn't like mountains unfortunately!

Soldato
So my phone has gone back to the insurance company today, thanks to AVIVA and their service agents being utterly inefficient I can apparently expect it back in approximately 2 weeks.

Soldato
I'm really not impressed with the camera, it seems dreadful compared to my 4S... not sure if something is up.
2RUs8.jpg.png wXqOH.jpg.png
First is the S3, the colours just seem messed up.

I just tried to take a picture of my laptop screen and it came out horrible.
U82vd.jpg.png 9wvnZ.jpg.png

Soldato
Nothing wrong with the camera, took this when I got home yesterday. Macro mode.

Have you checked all your settings?

bugze.jpg

Soldato
Store location: Off
power shutter: off
focus sound: on
Storage: internal
Picture size: 8pm
Focus mode: Continu..
ISO: Auto
Time mode: off
Burst Off

Scene mode is auto. Exposure is 0, white balance is auto, flash auto (normally off)

Soldato
iPhone wasn't in HDR mode. I just think the s3 looks worse, I just move both phones around and think the iPhone is much better.

Though, I just took a picture of my cherry iPad case and it looks terrible on the screen of the S3, it looks much better on the PC. It looks MUCH brighter on the S3 screen then it does in real life/on PC screen.

Need to get out of my room and test outside :p

Soldato
I'm really not impressed with the camera, it seems dreadful compared to my 4S... not sure if something is up.

The first S3 I had had a faulty camera so if you are confident you've checked all the settings and sillt not satisfied return it. My second S3's camera is slightly better than my OH 's 4S so don't settle for a defective until :)

Associate

Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1717610

Press the phone cam ver check button to show if there is a firmware update, if it shows there is just press the phone to cam few write button to update it.

Mine used to be poor but after updating to the latest firmware it's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom