***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
BTW my phone has vodafone branded rom with annoying apps like chaton/some stupid store/all share and some other BS that I dont want. Cant get rid off them.

Will the JB update remove all this nonsense as im on 3 now.

Doubtful. I have the unlocked International phone and it has all that so it is not network bloat:

ChatOn - Samsung Chat app used in China/Korea (
Samsung Store - what it says, sometimes they have free apps but TBH it is naff
AllShare - Similar to iCloud.

I just disable everything like this with Titanium Backup. If the phone runs fine for a week or so then I sometimes uninstall the items with TB as well.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Doubtful. I have the unlocked International phone and it has all that so it is not network bloat:

ChatOn - Samsung Chat app used in China/Korea (
Samsung Store - what it says, sometimes they have free apps but TBH it is naff
AllShare - Similar to iCloud.

I just disable everything like this with Titanium Backup. If the phone runs fine for a week or so then I sometimes uninstall the items with TB as well.

I would not uninstall them completely, say you update the ROM then those uninstalled apps will get installed again and you'd have to repeat the process.

However! If you freeze them in TB then when you update the ROM, the frozen apps remain frozen so you don't have to faff about with anything, just sit back and enjoy the new ROM update.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ignore everything else, people on XDA like to talk a lot of complex stuff even though it's not needed :p

1: Flash Wanamlite 3.7
2: Flash Stock toggles (linked in Wanam thread)
3: Flash JB Domination 1.3.5 or whatever the latest is to get stock JB look and feel
4: Flash the JB Domination addon, 15 toggles (linked in JB Domination thread, 3rd post IIRC)
5: ????
6: Profit :D

Soldato
Cheers for that Robbie, I am doing it now :D

1 question - Does Wanamlite have the Samsung stock notification sounds as well or do I need to download the stock sounds from his site (I like dew drop for email etc)?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I am not sure, the first thing I do is delete all stock sounds and use my own!

You could just download them anyway and extract using 7zip as needed I guess.

Soldato
Ignore everything else, people on XDA like to talk a lot of complex stuff even though it's not needed :p

1: Flash Wanamlite 3.7
2: Flash Stock toggles (linked in Wanam thread)
3: Flash JB Domination 1.3.5 or whatever the latest is to get stock JB look and feel
4: Flash the JB Domination addon, 15 toggles (linked in JB Domination thread, 3rd post IIRC)
5: ????
6: Profit :D

<inserts ihavenoideawhatiamdoing.gif>

I understand the first two points - doing the wana rom and the toggles. What is JB Damnation? (I am at work atm so can't check). Ta!

Man of Honour

I understand the first two points - doing the wana rom and the toggles. What is JB Damnation? (I am at work atm so can't check). Ta!

It's a theme, and totally optional.
If you don't want to flash the theme then you don't need to flash the stock toggles either :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can, if you feel like it, just delete the APK's from the downloaded zip file before flashing as well....
That's what I mean by faff though each time. Just fereze once, never worry about it again.

Oh JB Domination and 15 toggles are the themes that make it look and feel like stock Jelly Bean unless you prefer the stock Samsung icons and colours :p

Back
Top Bottom