***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've been institutionalised by Firefox sync!

Also, just had a session in the office comparing new siri vs jb voice search and jb won in most tests. Apple maps search is woeful, tried to navigate us via guernsey wtf?!

Search results were faster on droid too over the same wifi connection.

I am pleased and king of the office today :D

Caporegime
What about ICS browser +? Pretty much the same as quick ICS but not as good overall imo.

Other good browsers are; dolphin, boat, xscope

Never had any crashes with those browsers.

Associate
What about ICS browser +? Pretty much the same as quick ICS but not as good overall imo.

Other good browsers are; dolphin, boat, xscope

Never had any crashes with those browsers.

Trust me mate, I've tried them all, including the ones you suggested above - get constant failure to load pages and images missing from sites.

Probably my one main gripe with the S3. Very frustrating.

Soldato
The one browser I keep going back to in terms of speed, features (including the custom javascript option to run the OcUK dark theme!) and the all important text reflow is Opera Mobile... If only there was an option to loose the bottom tool bar it would be perfect!!

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Chrome, brilliant browser when you click on a link and it is not sure which one is clicked it brings up a menu showing you the choices available.

Caporegime
Trust me mate, I've tried them all, including the ones you suggested above - get constant failure to load pages and images missing from sites.

Probably my one main gripe with the S3. Very frustrating.

Hmm, something doesn't sound right about your phone/browser settings. You shouldn't be encountering those issues all the time...

What about stock browser? Does it have those problems as well?

Associate
Hmm, something doesn't sound right about your phone/browser settings. You shouldn't be encountering those issues all the time...

What about stock browser? Does it have those problems as well?

At one point or another using nearly all the browsers you've said above (including stock) there will come a time where it takes 5 or 6 refreshes of a site that android is claiming is down for it to load. And then I encounter copious amounts of question mark boxes once the page loads up.

Soldato
It's a theme, and totally optional.
If you don't want to flash the theme then you don't need to flash the stock toggles either :)

That's what I mean by faff though each time. Just fereze once, never worry about it again.

Oh JB Domination and 15 toggles are the themes that make it look and feel like stock Jelly Bean unless you prefer the stock Samsung icons and colours :p
Cheers for the info chaps. I am clear on that now. I had thought domination was a JB rom.

Soldato
The contract on my Desire HD is up as of yesterday and I'm looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S3. I'm currently paying £36 a month for 500min, 1gb internet and unlimited text, however as I also have a work phone I don't need half the minutes I currently have. Has anyone come across any good cheap deals with a phone for free and decent amount of internet usage?

Additionally is it worth waiting for the 4G pricing structure to come through before upgrading phone?

Soldato
Ignore everything else, people on XDA like to talk a lot of complex stuff even though it's not needed :p

1: Flash Wanamlite 3.7
2: Flash Stock toggles (linked in Wanam thread)
3: Flash JB Domination 1.3.5 or whatever the latest is to get stock JB look and feel
4: Flash the JB Domination addon, 15 toggles (linked in JB Domination thread, 3rd post IIRC)
5: ????
6: Profit :D

Sorry, can you explain what the difference in the 2 versions are?
http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7399
http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7388

Back
Top Bottom