***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
yeah do a full data/cache wipe before flashing

The only sort of flash I've encountered that wipes the internal SD card is a stock ROM flash via Odin - nothing you flash via CWM will affect your SD card

Good stuff, just wanted to check there wasn't anything new since the last time I flashed anything.

Soldato
I've got a big scratch on the silver bezel thing, am I right in thinking thats the chassis of the phone meaning it needs to be completely pulled apart to fix?

Is there any way of painting the brushed aluminium back on seeing as its painted plastic not actual aluminium?

I dabbed silver car paint on a spot on mine and it looks ok.

Still bothers me though :D

Soldato
You only need the gun if you're replacing just the glass as far as I know. That's to remove the touch elements from the glass.

Buying the whole package is easier, as it's a full unit. No heating required.

That's the impression I get, anyway.

I can't see how you can just replace the screen

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Lately my battery life has been awful.

20 hours and 13. per cent left, 30 minutes of calls. 1-2 hours of tethering. And about 1-2 hours of browsing. I've had power saving on and most of the day I've had wifi/3g off along with sync.

Soldato
Lately my battery life has been awful.

20 hours and 13. per cent left, 30 minutes of calls. 1-2 hours of tethering. And about 1-2 hours of browsing. I've had power saving on and most of the day I've had wifi/3g off along with sync.

Seems good to me :confused: Browsing and tethering probably use the most battery too.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I dunno, I'll keep monitoring it. I'm sure when I first had it it used to last a bit longer.

BTW my phone has vodafone branded rom with annoying apps like chaton/some stupid store/all share and some other BS that I dont want. Cant get rid off them.

Will the JB update remove all this nonsense as im on 3 now.

Soldato
them.

Will the JB update remove all this nonsense as im on 3 now.

Nope. Most of that stuff is Samsung bloat. The only way to get rid of everything would be by rooting and freezing them using Titanium Backup, or installing a custom rom that has the bloat removed already

Soldato
Finally, someone else at work has an S3. Used the NFC function to send films from mine to his and im very very impressed. 6gb took about 25 mins in total. Yet another reason why I love this phone.

Back
Top Bottom