***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Trust me mate, I've tried them all, including the ones you suggested above - get constant failure to load pages and images missing from sites.

Probably my one main gripe with the S3. Very frustrating.

Can't say I have come across any of these issues no matter what browser I used on mine.

Soldato
So Am I right in thinking that when jelly bean is released that the source will be more reliable and make for better roms to be created

Also is there a way to stop the download and notification of a software update

In a way. Custom Samsung based roms will be based on the official JB firmware that we're waiting for.

But AOSP roms like CM10 and AOKP (and anything built on them) will need Exynos source and documentation to get everything working correctly, which Samsung are reluctant to release at the moment.

Soldato
Anyone on a JB Samsung ROM got an issue with Apex/Nova where the widgets lose transparency when scrolling through homescreens:

switchpro and other widgets below becomes all bold and fuzzy:

Screenshot_2012-10-07-01-44-46_zpse372ea32.png

Soldato
Does anyone know how to strip chrome coating on the bezel without damaging the plastic?

I've stripped the chrome from the bezel and I think it looks bad ass :cool:

Did it using a knife and smoothed it out with some sandpaper. The plastic underneath feels quite rubbery and reminds me of the HTC one X. I just need a black or rubber battery door to finish the look.

Soldato
I use this rom its got pretty much all you need including any kernel you want to use on install and you can install the Note 2 camera/gallery if you want on install, its heavily themed on JB and super smooth, best for me so far its called. TurkbeyJB_XXDLIB_V14

screenshot2012101205425.png

screenshot2012101205434.png

screenshot2012101205435.png

Last edited:
Associate
Rooted last night and loaded up the Supernexus ROM and this thing speeds along nicely. Stock browser hasn't given me any problems so far either.

Soldato
I tried Wanamlite last night, which installed fine. Any attempt to flash the damination JB theme resulted in the phone looping at the Samsung logo. I could have possibly got the wrong theme though.

I am trying out the latest cyanogen nightly atm, which seems to be a better experience than previous (I had repeated app crashes). I am just missing a good digital clock widget!

Soldato
I tried Wanamlite last night, which installed fine. Any attempt to flash the damination JB theme resulted in the phone looping at the Samsung logo. I could have possibly got the wrong theme though.

I am trying out the latest cyanogen nightly atm, which seems to be a better experience than previous (I had repeated app crashes). I am just missing a good digital clock widget!

Did you flash the stock toggles before domination?

Soldato
I tried Wanamlite last night, which installed fine. Any attempt to flash the damination JB theme resulted in the phone looping at the Samsung logo. I could have possibly got the wrong theme though

If I remember correctly, you need to flash the theme from your internal SDcard.

Associate
So am I correct in thinking that if I want to flash a new ROM, I have to do the factory reset through recovery and then just load the ROM like I did the Supernexus one?

I don't have to do anything on Odin at all?

Back
Top Bottom