***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Problem with a larger screen is that it encroaches on the Note, I'd expect a 4.3-4.5" screen.

Maybe they aren't sold outside of Korea (yet?) but the LTE/4G equipped Galaxy2's all have larger screens now:
4.5 and 4.65" (4.65" version is 720p also)

3R6y0.jpg

But in reality so close to the note it is a bit crazy!

Can somebody explain to me why a ceramic back would be a remotely clever thing?

I'm struggling here...

I can imagine the SGS3 being an uprated version of the S2 (unsurprisingly) byt not one that would take too much from the Nexus.

As such, I can imagine a bigger screen, more performance (I couldn't say what would be better - either faster clocks or more cores) and better battery life.

Just to pull what someone posted in another thread:

The case is reportedly made out of ceramic, which is a fun change of pace. Ceramic feels great to the touch, can be very durable and since it’s comprised of mostly baked mud, it’s better for the environment. Plus, with ceramic, Apple can’t claim Samsung copied any of its products.

I'm going to take all of these rumours with a pinch of salt. A 'BluRay' display sounds a bit odd.

From plastic to baked mud, well done Samsung... ;) :p

Just to pull what someone posted in another thread:

I'm going to take all of these rumours with a pinch of salt. A 'BluRay' display sounds a bit odd.

From plastic to baked mud, well done Samsung... ;) :p

1080p res maybe thats what they mean by "bluray" display? :| still an odd name.. ill wait for official specs :) but if those are true it sounds good.. specially the display.. ceramic back sounds nice too even tho i don't mind the high grade plastic one on s2.

1080p res maybe thats what they mean by "bluray" display? :| still an odd name.. ill wait for official specs :) but if those are true it sounds good.. specially the display.. ceramic back sounds nice too even tho i don't mind the high grade plastic one on s2.

It will probably mean something like that, it just seems a strange name given that BluRay is a disc format (first and foremost).

It will probably mean something like that, it just seems a strange name given that BluRay is a disc format (first and foremost).

From a marketing point of view, it makes sense actually.

Most people will associate blu-ray with high quality high definition films and televisions, so it's an easy way of telling them (who may have no idea about resolution and PPI and whatnot) about the quality of the screen.

I have huge doubts that it would be 1080p but as a minimum I do very much hope it looks like that. Time will tell, I've been patiently waiting for the summer to replace my out of contract phone. :)

Back
Top Bottom