***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Permabanned
I put this on XDA but thought I would post my findings here:

1. When you flash the ROM with Aroma, do NOT install S Voice.
2. When phone has booted (any boot not necessarily 1st boot), use Titanium Backup to "restore" S-Voice, choosing App+Data
3. Reboot phone

Now when you double press the home button, S-Voice is NOT launched but is replaced with Google Voice Dialler which allows you to dial numbers from the phone using your voice either from phonebook or by speaking the number.

This also has the benefit of stopping the phone from exiting the app when you wake the phone using the home button within a few secs of the phone screen turning off.

As I said, it may not work but I have tried it 3 times and it works every time.

Where do you get this Google Voice Dialler app from....

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Flashed the unlocked (btu) stock Rom over my t mobile branded ics rom today. (Gave up waiting for t mobile to release their own update) Best thing I've done so far as the difference is huge, and i thought ics was pretty good. I'd agree with others that the grey colour of the notification bar is a very strange choice. Stock keyboard seems to have improved massively and chrome is now running smoothly for a change. WiFi signal strength has also improved moving from 2 bars on average to a full 5. They finally put a nice hi res icon in for the gallery too.

Soldato
One thing i noticed which im sure wasnt on the stock rom i was using since i first got the phone is that now in the camera, you can actually speak and it will take a pic...how cool is that??:D ie if you say smile, cheese, capture or shoot it will take a pic.

Almost certainly this was in from the beginning. I think it was featured in the initial press conference. If I had more time, I would look it up...

Back
Top Bottom