***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato

Thanks mate, just wondering wether its worth it as ive no idea on what network my handset is locked too, theres no ota JB update available atm, im thinking should i just get the new sim free one rather than refurb, would you say a box and better warranty is worth the extra £100? As it is its totally unmarked and i do currently have 60 days warranty

Man of Honour
Thanks mate, just wondering wether its worth it as ive no idea on what network my handset is locked too, theres no ota JB update available atm, im thinking should i just get the new sim free one rather than refurb, would you say a box and better warranty is worth the extra £100? As it is its totally unmarked and i do currently have 60 days warranty

I see the price of the simfree S3 has dropped to under £400 now

Only £390 at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Ga...J6C2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351180633&sr=8-2
Or £383.75 & Delivered FREE in the UK from Pro2Go
For the extra £80 I'd probably buy new to be honest.

Soldato
hi guys, my cousin has just come over and wants me to flash the latest stock JB to his S3. Can someone confirm which version I am after? Done a bit of searching and found:

I9300XXDLJ4

Assuming I can just dl it and flash via Odin on the PC right?

Soldato
That's the one and yep.

Thanks for the quick reply mate, I'm just downloading the rom now.

Another question - his S3 was originally locked to t-mobile. I rooted it and used an app (can't remember which) to unlock it and he's using it on o2. If I update via Odin to the latest JB rom, I know I will need to root it again but will it remain unlocked?

Caporegime
Almost certainly this was in from the beginning. I think it was featured in the initial press conference. If I had more time, I would look it up...

You sure?? Because with the wanam JB romantic I'm running, it actually says at the bottom what you can say in order for the phone to take pictures.

I don't ever recall anything like that on my stock ICS rom.

Caporegime
how do you activate this feature? Just tried cheese and shoot and nothing happened!

LOL dunno mate, soon as flashed wanam v4.2, stock toggles then Jb domination with 15 toggles. Phone rebooted and i restored my backup from titanium...went to check the camera out and at the bottom it says you can say cheese amongst other words that will take the pic for you.

So im just wondering if this a wanam feature or a JB feature, find it useful as i dont have to arse about with pressing the button when i can just easily say the words and it takes the pic for me.

Soldato
LOL dunno mate, soon as flashed wanam v4.2, stock toggles then Jb domination with 15 toggles. Phone rebooted and i restored my backup from titanium...went to check the camera out and at the bottom it says you can say cheese amongst other words that will take the pic for you.

So im just wondering if this a wanam feature or a JB feature, find it useful as i dont have to arse about with pressing the button when i can just easily say the words and it takes the pic for me.

I don't have it :s

Here's how you can use a voice command to take pictures with your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.

1. Go to Settings.

2. Go to Language and Input.

3. Go to Voice Command for Apps.

4. Go to Camera.

5. After turning on voice command, you can say "shoot" to take a photo.

Still don't have that option... unless you need s voice?

Last edited:
Associate
Might be a it behind the times with this, just discovered on stock JB that if you adjust the slider with Automatic Brightness on, you can increase the default brightness! Yay, I always thought it was too dark before! :D

Back
Top Bottom